Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Chase Sapphire Preffered

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Chase Sapphire Preffered

New to the forums, but the information here has been incredibly helpful, and I wanted to share my data point!

Recently finished grad school, and I'm about to start working full-time. I will need to be traveling ~25% of my time for work, and the Sapphire Preferred seemed perfect considering its reward structure and travel+rental coverage. My application went pending after applying. 5 days later, the automated status update number went from saying I'd receive an answer in 30 days to an answer in 2 weeks. I then called Chase's reconsideration line, verified my identity and was approved with $7000 limit. I've seen in a few different places that the 2-week call is correlated with eventual approval. I'm sure there are counter anecdotes, but I wanted to share mine.

Current CCs:

Discover It Cashback - $8300 limit, 5 yrs 4 mo old

US Bank Perks+ - $5400 limit, 4 yrs 11 mo old

Total utilization was at 29% when applying (moving expenses), historically <10%.

Credit scores:

FICO - 767, TU - 744 EQ - 745. I recently purchased a car and had 4 hard inquiries from the dealer searching for the best finance option. No new accounts in the past 4 years.

Salary: $80k base in MA.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Approved for Chase Sapphire Preffered

Welcome To myFICO Forums and

Message 2 of 6
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

CONGRATS!!!     Great SL Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... approved with $7000 limit ...

That's a sweet approval -- Congrats! 

Thanks for the excellent DPs.

Message 4 of 6
grower1
Frequent Contributor

Great card & great SL. Congrats!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.