cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Chase Sapphire Reserve after BK!

tag
Justrebuilding
Regular Contributor

Re: Approved for Chase Sapphire Reserve after BK!

@NYFan63 wrote:
Congrats - my BK was in 2009 but all of the IIB accounts have fallen off. I will still wait this one out until I reduce my UTIL %

Probably a good call. Not sure exactly what my until is but it is prob around 5%, definitely no more than 10%.

Chase Sapphire Reserve 10k Cap 1 QS 15K, Cap 1 QS 5K, Cap 1 QS 4K, Cap 1 QS 4K, GE Care Cr 7K NFCU Cash Rewards 10K Walmart 1.3K NavCheck 5K Freedom 6K Freedom 2.5K Hyatt 4K Sallie Mae 5K Barclay Rewards 3K Macy's 1K
US Airways 1.5K, Discover 8K,
Message 11 of 19
Justrebuilding
Regular Contributor

@padme wrote:
Congrats and thanks for sharing, I had closed a 500SL card before I filed over 3 years ago, still have an account for deposits there. haven't even tried to app for anything wonder if I should go to a branch or not. have 80k in limits but score only like 670.

Thanks! I had a card with Chase before the bk, I closed it on my own, $400 limit. I have a checking and savings with them, I had read online somewhere that it helps with approvals. Never tried in branch before, but have always had luck with the recon over the phone. I think when I got my Freedom card with them my scores were similar, between 650-675. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve 10k Cap 1 QS 15K, Cap 1 QS 5K, Cap 1 QS 4K, Cap 1 QS 4K, GE Care Cr 7K NFCU Cash Rewards 10K Walmart 1.3K NavCheck 5K Freedom 6K Freedom 2.5K Hyatt 4K Sallie Mae 5K Barclay Rewards 3K Macy's 1K
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats !!
Message 13 of 19
Scupra
Super Contributor

Huge congratulations to you! Glad you were able to successfuly recon Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appd, already have 3 Chase cards, all 14+ month's old, and they pulled EX and EQ. My 07 BK is still showing on my EQ and the letter stated denied because a "BK is listed on one of your reports". I'm definitely going to call to recon. I had given up. Thanks for the post. I could move CL's around if need be too.
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh and I did NOT include Chase, or any other CC lender, in my BK. Hoping they'll recon. It'll be off my EQ within 4 or 5 month's.
Message 16 of 19
Justrebuilding
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I appd, already have 3 Chase cards, all 14+ month's old, and they pulled EX and EQ. My 07 BK is still showing on my EQ and the letter stated denied because a "BK is listed on one of your reports". I'm definitely going to call to recon. I had given up. Thanks for the post. I could move CL's around if need be too.

Good luck! Chase has always been an automatic denial for me but I've been able to recon every time. I hope you can too, try the back 

door number, they have always been very nice. I offered to move some CL as well and ended up moving 5k from the Hyatt card which I never use, to the new card. Don't give up Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 19
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase will always auto decline if you have a BK. Recon required Smiley Happy Good luck!!!!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 18 of 19
Leonardc2
Valued Member

Another Data Point.  I have a 9 year-ok'd BK, and I have received the CSP, the IHG and the CSR, but I did have to recon each time.  Scores between 700-720

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.