cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Chase United! Also, how to get 50k miles $50 statement credit offer.

tag
nickn86
Contributor

Approved for Chase United! Also, how to get 50k miles $50 statement credit offer.

Really trying to bank miles for a long summer overseas vacation this summer so I decided to go for Chase United.  I decided it'd be a good diea to apply tonight since I just got the PRG a few weeks ago and they pulled TU--thus best to apply for this before the new account hit my reports since Chase likely won't see the Amex inquiry.  I was somewhat shockingly approved instantly for $9 k (by far my highest starting limit ever--Citi was 4k).  Credit score is low-mid 700s, no baddies, but only 1 year AAoA (with longest account being around 2.5 years.  Revolving history is around 2 years.

Anyway, the published offer for this card on Chase's website (30k miles) is not the best offer available.  I was able to get 50k miles after $1,000 spend in 3 months + a $50 statement credit after first purchase offer pretty easily.  What you need to do is 1) have/open a United FF acount.  I didn't have one before and it only takes around 1 minute.  2) Get miles into your account.  The best way to do this quickly (have to thank FlyerTalk for most of this) is to go to bckstgr.com, create an account (this is quick and it links your United account) and then link your FB/Twitter/Foursquare account to your bckstgr accounrt.  You get 200 miles for each linking (you only need to do it once to open up the offer).  This is key because the 50k offer only shows up if you have miles in your account.  I'm honestly not sure what that site exactly is, but the process is very simple and it doesn't mess with your social networking accounts and people elsewhere haven't reported any problems.  To be extra safe you could just create a dummy twitter account.  Anyway, the 200 miles show up instantly on United once you do this.  3)  Go to United.com and search for a flight.  After this, you can click on a link in the upper right hand corner for this offer.  You also get 5,000 more miles for adding an authorized user and 10,000 more for spending 25k in a year for a total possible 65k miles.

Anyway though I should probably stop applying for so many cards, I really want to bank more miles for this summer.  I will probably try for the CSP sometime soon with the goal of transferring to United.

Chase Sapphire Preferred - 5.6k (3/13) | Amex Premier Rewards Gold - NPSL (1/13) | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Visa Signature - 9k (1/13) | Amex Delta Gold - 6k (9/12) | Citi Forward Visa - 10k (10/12) | Discover It - 2k (2/12) | Chase +1 Visa - $300 (2/11)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
nickn86
Contributor

Re: Approved for Chase United! Also, how to get 50k miles $50 statement credit offer.

Also, if the backstgr site seems too shady to some you can get initial miles through the United Dining program

Chase Sapphire Preferred - 5.6k (3/13) | Amex Premier Rewards Gold - NPSL (1/13) | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Visa Signature - 9k (1/13) | Amex Delta Gold - 6k (9/12) | Citi Forward Visa - 10k (10/12) | Discover It - 2k (2/12) | Chase +1 Visa - $300 (2/11)
Message 2 of 4
nickn86
Contributor

Re: Approved for Chase United! Also, how to get 50k miles $50 statement credit offer.

Well, turns out Chase pulled TU, rendering my plans of apping before the new Amex account showed up moot.  Have now had both Amex and Chase unexpectedly pull TU in the last two weeks when I was expecting EX.

Message 3 of 4
randeman
Frequent Contributor

It's good to know that Chase checks TU.  It will be my highest score once my dispute is done.  Since Amex turned me down for a Delta Gold, Chase United is the next best thing for me!

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.