Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Citi Double Cash!

tag
zooyork970
Established Member

Approved for Citi Double Cash!

Went out on a limb and applied for the Citi Double Cash card on Saturday and much to my surprise I was approved! With a $6,800 SL to boot!

This was after previouly going through the ringer with them in February for denying me on the Aadvantage Executive Plat., and having an account closed by them, but paid off years ago. The denial in February was attributed to prior unfavorable relationship. I guess their outlook has changed, as this approval came surprisingly and also with such a high SL. 

Not sure how this bodes for getting a future approval for the AA Exec. Platinum, but I shall see.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Approved for Citi Double Cash!

Congrats on your approval! 

Message 2 of 11
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your Citi Double Cash approval, the AWESOME SL, and Welcome Back to the Citi family!!! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Citi approval!  Did you use their prequalify page first?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice approval, congrats! 

Message 5 of 11
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! That’s actually a surprisingly high SL for this card.

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 11
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

That's a great approval!! Congrats!

Message 7 of 11
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval.

take some time to show you can use your dc responsibly. And i’m Sure you can get the aa exec plat.

@zooyork970 wrote:

Went out on a limb and applied for the Citi Double Cash card on Saturday and much to my surprise I was approved! With a $6,800 SL to boot!

This was after previouly going through the ringer with them in February for denying me on the Aadvantage Executive Plat., and having an account closed by them, but paid off years ago. The denial in February was attributed to prior unfavorable relationship. I guess their outlook has changed, as this approval came surprisingly and also with such a high SL. 

Not sure how this bodes for getting a future approval for the AA Exec. Platinum, but I shall see.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!!
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and very nice SL!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.