Did you mean: 

Approved for Citi Prestige and AMEX SPG

tag
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Approved for Citi Prestige and AMEX SPG

Citi:

$13,000 SL.

Not sure what they pulled but it's probably either EX (754, AMEX) or TU (759, Discover). 

I tried the 50,000 TY points for $5k spend. 

In other credit news, I got a SP CLI of $1.5k each on my 3 US Bank cards.

Edited to add:

Income: High-ish 5 digits

Other Citi cards: Dividend Platinum, since early 2013. Current CL is $10,500. 

Current highest CL across all cards is with Discover, $40,000. Highest recent SL is from Chase, on the CSR last year, at $25,400. 

Utilization: Multiple of my cards report balances; overall utilization is probably <2% but for the cards reporting, they're as high as 20%. 

AMEX :

$10,000 SL 

Went for the 35,000 bonus points offer.

Other AMEX cards: BCE turned BCP, $25,000 CL. Recently cancelled PRG before the first AF was due.

Should have been an EX pull.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for Citi Prestige

Congrats on your citi.

Message 2 of 14
joesbrat67
Contributor

Congrats!  I've been waivering between getting the Premier vs Prestige, but I'm not sure that I can warrant the $450 Prestige AF, even with the $250 credit, the 4th night special and the global entry fee credit.

I'd be interested to know how you went about the decision process to get Prestige.  It may help me to make a better final decision.

Thanks!

Active Cards:

Sock Drawer Cards:

Cards in consideration for 2019:

FICO Scores as of 04/24/2019:

Peak FICO Scores - Prior 90 Days:

Message 3 of 14
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@joesbrat67 wrote:

Congrats!  I've been waivering between getting the Premier vs Prestige, but I'm not sure that I can warrant the $450 Prestige AF, even with the $250 credit, the 4th night special and the global entry fee credit.

I'd be interested to know how you went about the decision process to get Prestige.  It may help me to make a better final decision.

Thanks!

The bonus difference takes care of the $200 AF that the airline credit doesn't. On an ongoing basis, the 4th night should be enough. I'll review it again when the anniversary comes, though. 

Message 4 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Approved for Citi Prestige and AMEX SPG

@Ghoshida wrote:

AMEX : 

Should have been an EX pull.

Recent experience for myself and a lot of others is that AmEx is no longer doing HPs when existing members apply for new personal products - no sign of a HP for my SPG last month, for instance.  Congrats on your approvals and CLIs, good luck with the $10k of combined spend, and enjoy those TY and SPG points!

Message 5 of 14
joesbrat67
Contributor

I found this little gem to support K-in-Boston's statement.  If you're a current AMEX cardholder (like myself), then if you apply for subsequent cards, they will use data from SPs done on a recurring basis.  This approach is used to confirm that there's been no signifcant changes in your credit report since the issuance of your first AMEX card:

https://www.milevalue.com/no-initial-hard-credit-pull-for-existing-amex-cardholders/

Hope this helps!

Active Cards:

Sock Drawer Cards:

Message 6 of 14
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations!!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 7 of 14
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@joesbrat67 wrote:

I found this little gem to support K-in-Boston's statement.  If you're a current AMEX cardholder (like myself), then if you apply for subsequent cards, they will use data from SPs done on a recurring basis.  This approach is used to confirm that there's been no signifcant changes in your credit report since the issuance of your first AMEX card:

https://www.milevalue.com/no-initial-hard-credit-pull-for-existing-amex-cardholders/

Hope this helps!

Great article thanks for posting this. But so I can really understand this... If your pre approved for a product by Amex its a hp? But if you just cold app for a product it's a sp?

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 8 of 14
joesbrat67
Contributor

The way that the article is written, I interpret it as - if you're already a cardholder (whether pre-approved or not), any subsequent card app is a SP.  Assumption is that the first card is always a HP.  

Active Cards:

Sock Drawer Cards:

Message 9 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@joesbrat67 wrote:

The way that the article is written, I interpret it as - if you're already a cardholder (whether pre-approved or not), any subsequent card app is a SP.  Assumption is that the first card is always a HP.  

Don't want to hi-jack this thread to much, but basically how AMEX use to work and how they work now are a bit vague... lets start out with the past...

If you were an EXISTING card member 99% change it would be a SP if a denial, but upon approval it would then turn into a HP.  You could get a Revolver and a Charge card by 1 HP by this method.. This was in the past.. New to Amex would always result in a HP..

With that said there is alot of datapoints that existing card members are not getting hit by HP's for new accounts these days and AMEX is just using SP's of their current account standing.  As always expect a HP even if you are an AMEX card holder with this very "new" things of SP's happening.  

Hopefully this clears it up..  It was fairly common knowledge of the first scenario of SP denials of existing card members if yielded approval then turned to HP.  The second scenario mentioned of SP for new products of existing card holders is new territory, but article you linked referred to the first thing I spoke about..

@OPcongrats on two nice approvals!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.