Did you mean: 

Approved for Citi Simplicity!

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Approved for Citi Simplicity!

grats!

which bureau did citi pull? Smiley Surprised

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 21 of 29
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

grats!

which bureau did citi pull? Smiley Surprised

they ended up pulling EX...darn, its definitely time to garden. 4 HP in a month (2 AMEX, 1 BofA, and now Citi) for EX. Not going to apply for anything else until the end of the year  or 2014 unless i know they definitely dont pull EX then it will not be until after 6 months.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 22 of 29
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Great going

Citi is a little conservative however they are known for crazy high credit limits once ur in

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 23 of 29
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@danielodonoll wrote:

Great going

Citi is a little conservative however they are known for crazy high credit limits once ur in

thanks daniel and hope it can grow with me! As i figured they pulled both EX and EQ (just found out about EQ). Well i expected it since there are 2 collections still reporting on EX and none on EQ.

Message 24 of 29
enharu
Super Contributor

i am thinking of freezing my EX, apply for Citi, and see if they're willing to pull EQ or TU Smiley Surprised

I have like 9 inquiries on my EX, 1 on EQ and 0 on TU for the past 2 years -_-

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 25 of 29
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

i am thinking of freezing my EX, apply for Citi, and see if they're willing to pull EQ or TU Smiley Surprised

I have like 9 inquiries on my EX, 1 on EQ and 0 on TU for the past 2 years -_-

Im sure they will have no problem pulling EQ. They seem to pull that quite often(did my research already..lol). I have a feeling you could get approved with a single pull.

Message 26 of 29
enharu
Super Contributor

about the freezing process, is it going to be troublesome though? 

i can't seem to find any useful EO number on google so I don't know if I wanna risk and waste money by doing this lol Smiley Very Happy

Message 27 of 29
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

about the freezing process, is it going to be troublesome though? 

i can't seem to find any useful EO number on google so I don't know if I wanna risk and waste money by doing this lol Smiley Very Happy

You should be ok enharu. I got approved with 3 recent HPs on EX within the week and total of 20 for the last 2 years. EQ i had none in the last 7 months but still a total of 12 for the 2 years. Still have collections on EX and a couple of dings on both EX and EQ that are 6+ years old. I think they will have no problem approving you.

Message 28 of 29
enharu
Super Contributor

I have 7 inquiries on EX in the past 60 days, so I am more worried about adding more inquiries onto my EX than whether I will get approved or denied.

the top reason I got denied by American  Express was the number of inquiries in past 12 months, so I am trying to wait until it becomes >1 year old or 6 months old at least before I try my luck with Amex again. That's my top priority.

I was thinking a card from Citi is a big plus if they are willing to pull my EQ/TU. The only inquiry I have on my EQ / TU for the past 5 years is Discover which I applied yesterday, so even if Citi wants to do several pulls on EQ/TU I wouldn't mind at all. 

That's why I was thinking if I should find an EO number first, and if denied because my EX is frozen, call them and try to see if they're willing to pull EQ. 

Is the freezing process complicated? :/

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.