Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Citi Thank you Preferred Card

tag
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for Citi Thank you Preferred Card

Good job!

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 11 of 20
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Do you know if TY points for the Preferred card are worth 1 cent per point?

Message 13 of 20
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Congrats! Enjoy that new card.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 14 of 20
trevorgreene007

Yes, they are.  My recent application, and approval, had a 15,000 point bonus which they valued at $150 in rewards.

Message 15 of 20
capitalkid
Regular Contributor

My DH apped for this card from a Pre-approval he got in the mail on Oct 9.  It took 12 days for the application to go through online, and then was approved.  Starting CL 4500, CK score 736, recent lender score of 752 EQ.  They pulled EQ and EX, he had 1 INQ on each under 1 year and 4 over 12 months.  Funny thing noted though, was that the Pre-approved application was for the standard Thank You Card, and he ended up approved for the Thank You Preferred.  Wonder if anyone else has had that happen.  He also has an Diamond Preferred card that is ageing well, but i agree Citi is a tough underwriter to get in with.  His Util at the time of application across 6 lines was 5%, with 0% PIF on the Diamond Preferred card, in case that helps anyone out there. 

Message 16 of 20
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Congrats! It's scary to get those msgs! Glad you got approval & decent limit.

I've thought about applying but it doesn't seem to offer much rewards/benefits?
I'm gardening but next year I might add a couple cards.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 17 of 20
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Capitalkid they pulled both EQ/EX when I got the Diamond Preferred. So I wonder is this standard procedure with them?
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 18 of 20
93stallion302

Congrats,  I got both a simplicity and a TY Pref within two days of each other last month. 

Imight have gone through the cracks some how, while my scores were in the 690-710, my util was at 70+%. on 2 lines. Perfect payment history and 1.5 yr AAOA.  I was instantly approved online for both.

Gardening Until 3/31/14
Message 19 of 20
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

Ls..I was approved for ty preferred 5k and I had 2 citi chargeoffs from about 7 years ago (around 2k each, long ago sold and no longer reporting)

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.