Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for DC and blispay

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for DC and blispay

DC at 1k. Blispay at 5k. Citi is a fickle beast. Denied for blispay in April. Things change

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for DC and blispay

Congrats!!  I was recently denied for DC but approved for Blispay at $6500. I think Citi didn't like my 30 inquiries 😜

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your new accounts.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done, congrats 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job and congrats on your approvals!!

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your cards!  Wanted to tell you a story.  I bought a set of new rims for my car for a little over $1,000 on my Blispay card.  They have already taken the 2% cash off of my balance (more than $22).  So they give 6 months zero financing and 2% cash back at the same time.  The store who sold me the rims will not respond to my emails asking what kind of lug nuts I need.  I was going to buy them from the same company.  Does Blispay charge these companies crazy fees and piss them off because they could have kept more of the profits if I had used another card?  Do companies suffer more when credit card companies give their customers more cash back?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on your approvals !!!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  You are correct in saying DC is fickle.  I also have both accounts.  I just received my Blispay card so I don't have experience with it yet.  DC is now 6 months old and I am waiting on my statement to cut next week to see if I get an increase.  They both have different purposes for me but I really like the hidden tradeline aspect of Blispay.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

DC at 1k. Blispay at 5k. Citi is a fickle beast. Denied for blispay in April. Things change

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 11
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your cards!  Wanted to tell you a story.  I bought a set of new rims for my car for a little over $1,000 on my Blispay card.  They have already taken the 2% cash off of my balance (more than $22).  So they give 6 months zero financing and 2% cash back at the same time.  The store who sold me the rims will not respond to my emails asking what kind of lug nuts I need.  I was going to buy them from the same company.  Does Blispay charge these companies crazy fees and piss them off because they could have kept more of the profits if I had used another card?  Do companies suffer more when credit card companies give their customers more cash back?

The swipe fee is the same regardless of the financing or rewards Blispay gives you. There's no reason the company you purchased from even knows this information.

The only difference is when using a higher tier card (Visa Signature, WEMC) the swipe fee is higher. But I highly doubt the company would hold it against you and provide poor service because of that. I think that's reading a bit much into it.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.