Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Delta Skymiles Gold AMEX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Delta Skymiles Gold AMEX

Hello all, long time lurker first time poster. I decided to check the prequalified page on the American Express site and saw I was prequalified for three of the Delta Skymiles cards. I was approved for the Delta Skymiles Gold AMEX for a SL of 1k. Unfortunately only 1k, especially after hearing the stories from other folks about it growing. I've also read from folks that they apply for one of their AMEX Gold charge card, got a "We've recieved your application, but can't give you a decision right now" messsage. Mentioned they'll let me know within 14 days. *Fingers crossed* This is after being denied for the AMEX Green Card on the 23rd.

My data points, Experian FICO 8 651, 30% utilizations, 4 inquires (including the one from the 23rd), Currently have Cap 1 QS $500 and QS1 $500 (both recently graduated with the QS PC'd this month from the Platinum) Discover Secured IT $1000, and WF Secured $300. Also an AU on Southwest $6,600. (Did recently apply for a Cap1 Spark Classic and approved for 2k but yet to recieve it or even report out.) AaoA 3y5m, AooA, 8y7m, AoyA 6m. 3 baddies, all from 2016 or older.

Am extremely excited, largest SL I've ever recieved on a personal card. Hope it grows, will try after 61 days for a CLI.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Approved for Delta Skymiles Gold AMEX

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 2 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous 

Welcome To myFICO Forums and

Message 3 of 16
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all, long time lurker first time poster. I decided to check the prequalified page on the American Express site and saw I was prequalified for three of the Delta Skymiles cards. I was approved for the Delta Skymiles Gold AMEX for a SL of 1k. Unfortunately only 1k, especially after hearing the stories from other folks about it growing. I've also read from folks that they apply for one of their AMEX Gold charge card, got a "We've recieved your application, but can't give you a decision right now" messsage. Mentioned they'll let me know within 14 days. *Fingers crossed* This is after being denied for the AMEX Green Card on the 23rd.

My data points, Experian FICO 8 651, 30% utilizations, 4 inquires (including the one from the 23rd), Currently have Cap 1 QS $500 and QS1 $500 (both recently graduated with the QS PC'd this month from the Platinum) Discover Secured IT $1000, and WF Secured $300. Also an AU on Southwest $6,600. (Did recently apply for a Cap1 Spark Classic and approved for 2k but yet to recieve it or even report out.) AaoA 3y5m, AooA, 8y7m, AoyA 6m. 3 baddies, all from 2016 or older.

Am extremely excited, largest SL I've ever recieved on a personal card. Hope it grows, will try after 61 days for a CLI.

Welcome to myFico Frorums!! Thank you so much for sharing that story,

just a make ya feel good read. Cards grow,read up onAmex and ask for advice

if needed :-) Congratulations and enjoy your new card,

Cheers

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forums and Congratulations on your approval! 👍

Message 5 of 16
MasonK
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

1/1/16 FICO8 Scores: EX: 407, EQ: 403, TU: 455
4/1/24 FICO8 Scores: EX: 832, EQ: 820, TU: 834
FICO9 EX: 818
Total Revolving Limits: $152,300

Message 6 of 16
DR527
Regular Contributor

Congratulations 

Message 7 of 16
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Congrats, hopefully tge whole pandemic clears up sooner rather then later, so you can use it for travel. In the meantime you have time to wach the cl grow.

Message 8 of 16
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... approved for the Delta Skymiles Gold AMEX for a SL of 1k ...

Congrats! -- you're in. Smiley Happy Amex will grow, given time. 

Thanks for the DPs. 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.