shoegal
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for Discover Card

Congrats on the card and super nice limit! 😊

Message 11 of 47
RadioRob
Established Contributor

Congrats!  It's higher than the 8K limit I've got with them and have been working to increase for over 5 years.  haha  

(It does not matter that I have 25K from Navy, 10K from Chase, and 13.5K from Citi...  I've had to claw and fight my way from 3K to 8K in chunks of 300-500 at a time over 5 years.)

Message 12 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shoegal wrote:
Congrats on the card and super nice limit! 😊

Thanks, I was shocked to see that. They just upped my discover it card to 3400 with a cli last week so that the range I was expecting. Dv

Message 13 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RadioRob wrote:

Congrats!  It's higher than the 8K limit I've got with them and have been working to increase for over 5 years.  haha  

(It does not matter that I have 25K from Navy, 10K from Chase, and 13.5K from Citi...  I've had to claw and fight my way from 3K to 8K in chunks of 300-500 at a time over 5 years.)

It's funny I started with a 500 limit with Navy 6 months ago and they just boosted me to 1500 last month, seems like they will be the slowest to grow for me lol. Dv

Message 14 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Adkins wrote:

Congratulations!

(I thought we got that rusty gate fixed in the garden!) 😉

Thanks and nope I escaped lol. Dv

Message 15 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Big grats DV, well deserved i hope Discover treats you rightSmiley Happy

Thanks AJ, it's my second card with them and I love them, I couldn't be happier. Dv

Message 16 of 47
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the Discover Family, CONGRATS!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 17 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

A few questions/statements:

1. The 5% card is actually a 10% card the first year due to the first year cash-back match
  2. This is your second Discover card -- what was the date of your FIRST (secured) application and the date of applying for this card?
Message 18 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

A few questions/statements:

1. The 5% card is actually a 10% card the first year due to the first year cash-back match
  2. This is your second Discover card -- what was the date of your FIRST (secured) application and the date of applying for this card?

Thank you I'm so pleased. Good point about the 10%. Application for the secured card was October of last year first statement in November 2016. I applied yesterday for this card.

My statement doesn't cut until the 13th of this month. Is that an issue? Dv

Message 19 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MissMoni223 wrote:

Welcome to the Discover Family, CONGRATS!!!

Thanks this is my second card but my first card graduated from secured, this is my first  real Discover approval with a good sl! Dv

Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.