Did you mean: 

Approved for Discover IT #2

tag
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for Discover IT #2

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on the monster approval!

All of these 2nd Disco posts make me happy I put my credit reports on ice so the temptation dies by the time I go to pull up a CRA website lol! 😁

Haha! I'm seriously considering doing the same so that I'm not tempted to leave the Garden again!

BTW, I assume lenders and CC companies can still SP our reports even though we've frozen them?

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ridgebackpilot wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on the monster approval!

All of these 2nd Disco posts make me happy I put my credit reports on ice so the temptation dies by the time I go to pull up a CRA website lol! 😁

Haha! I'm seriously considering doing the same so that I'm not tempted to leave the Garden again!

BTW, I assume lenders and CC companies can still SP our reports even though we've frozen them?

Yep, it doesn't stop any activity from current lenders, collections, pre-approvals, etc., its specifically for new credit.

Message 22 of 29
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

00congrats-5.gifWooHoo!!  Super nice SL..

Congrats!!

**Sits on hands** 

Message 23 of 29
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 24 of 29
xaximus
Valued Contributor

@ridgebackpilot wrote:

@xaximus wrote:
Thank you everyone!

@ ridgebackpilot - that was one of the main reasons why I apped for it again. That CB match for the first year is effectively 10%, which is unmatched.

On the strength of your experience, I just pulled the trigger for my second Discover IT card as well. Instant approval for twice the SL of my first Discover card!

10% cash back, here we come! The 5% cashback categories for 2019 were just too tempting: Grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants, Uber, Amazon are all places where we spend a lot.

Congrats on the approval!! For me, it's the CB match that makes it worth it. The 5% categories help too as grocery stores, gas and amazon are my larger expenses. 

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 25 of 29
xaximus
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote: 

Would you recommend just waiting until later to give a bit more growth in between?  Home Depot was like in June I guess it was.  Its not like I NEED the extra, its a matter of principle with me at this point; I'm just MAD they keep denying me.  I even brought it out and put some spend on it and pif, and have one revolver (netflix) on it...but I've been contemplating just closing it altogether.

I second RidgebackPilot here and would say to do the same. App for a new card and then combine as I am doing. You'll probably get a higher limit and it'll probably grow faster then this one. It's odd that the card isn't growing but that may just be Disco not being happy with being SD'd. They are a fickle beast. No rhyme or reason.

Thank you to everyone!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 26 of 29
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Since i am limited for a couple more yrs till AMEX. I went for the second card. Knowing more now how to maximize the CB. Its working out great. Higher SL and CLI's than the first. But I chose to convert the first iT to the Chrome instead. Nice job!

Message 27 of 29
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Incidentally, Discover pulled EX when I asked for a 2nd IT card this week. Instant approval but I was hoping they'd rely on a SP.

Interesting that they pulled EX here in California even though the FICO score available via the Discover website or app is based on TU. Go figure!

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ridgebackpilot wrote:

Incidentally, Discover pulled EX when I asked for a 2nd IT card this week. Instant approval but I was hoping they'd rely on a SP.

Interesting that they pulled EX here in California even though the FICO score available via the Discover website or app is based on TU. Go figure!

Discover also gives Experian free on their credit scorecard as well as TU on your reports.

They pulled EQ for me in March though. Can't really figure Disco out.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.