cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Discover IT

tag
iGotchi

Approved for Discover IT

So a little background. In December of 2012 I applied for the Chase Freedom, and got approved with a $500 CL. Today, I applied for the Discover IT card and got approved with a $9500 CL. Talk about a huge difference in CL! Smiley Surprised Now if only Chase would give me an Auto CLI to something similar to my new Discover card! Anyways, I'll be gardening and wait to apply for the CSP and BCE next year. Thanks for reading! Smiley Happy

myFICO: EX 724 EQ 728 TU 705

photo CreditCards_zpscea4a442.jpg
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

Re: Approved for Discover IT

That is a beautiful CL!
BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 2 of 11
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Nice, congrats! What other credit cards do you have? I'm starting to think that Discover like applicants who are just starting out with credit cards.

Message 3 of 11
iGotchi

The Chase Freedom is my first ever credit card, and I now have 2 credit cards with the Discover It.

Message 4 of 11
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Great limit!!! Maybe I should try Discover if they are handing out that type of money...

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 5 of 11
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the feedback. Your success with the Discover it card with a relatively thin file supports my thinking that Discover likes applicants like you. Smiley Happy I'm actually trying to convince a coworker to app for the Discover it card, his credit profile is similar to yours. I'm going to show him this thread. Maybe it will finally push him to go for it!!! Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 11
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Wow. Congrats! Are those your only cards?
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 7 of 11
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Wow what great starting limit

Congrats

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 8 of 11
iGotchi

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:
Wow. Congrats! Are those your only cards?

Yes, those are my only two cards. 

@kevinjjc wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. Your success with the Discover it card with a relatively thin file supports my thinking that Discover likes applicants like you. Smiley Happy I'm actually trying to convince a coworker to app for the Discover it card, his credit profile is similar to yours. I'm going to show him this thread. Maybe it will finally push him to go for it!!! Smiley LOL

FWIW, I do have installment loans (Auto(9 months old) and Student(Started repayment 3 months ago)). I have never missed a payment for either one. But yea, my revolving credit history is relatively thin. Also, I applied with a pre-approval letter from Discover. 

Message 9 of 11
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and great CL!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.