Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Discover IT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Discover IT

Over the last year I have been working hard to rebuild my credit, I have 5 credit cards with the highest limit being $1750. I am so happy to say that I went on to Discovers website and did the pre qualification app and it showed this card so I took a chance and hoped that I wasn’t going to ding my credit with a HP for a denied response but to my suprise and shock, I was approved with a $10,000 limit!!!

I’m in California and they pulled from equifax, my fico 8 is 646!
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Discover IT

WOW!!! Congrats on the huge SL!

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I was so blown away I have been trying so hard to get limits/fico score up because I’m trying to buy a home this summer! I hope this is going ti help me fet to where I need to be!
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! So far I really like my Discover It! Excellent SL of $10K too! I’ve seen a lot of people on here with great stats start much lower. Discover really does love a thin file, so be good to them and enjoy this and future success!
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, jenn1, and welcome to the myFICO and Disco families!

$10000 is an extremely nice SL for Discover. Very nice! 

Be sure to take advantage of the 5% cashback categories, and the cashback match after your first year. It can really add up! Also, they have a Discover Deals that you'll see when logged in to your account. On there, you can often get 5% or even higher cashback at certain Websites or stores. It's worth checking out. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 17
ShatteredK
Regular Contributor

Congrats really nice SL!
.:: AmEx Gold Delta | AmEx Blue Cash | Citi AAdvantage | Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa | Wells Fargo Platinum::.
02.15.18:
Today:
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are interested, go to the application status on Discover website and after you put in the info to see your status you’ll see a button to chat with a rep. There you can ask for an even higher limit, request 15k/20k, and I’ve always had success with that. No additional HP, they just relook to see if they can raise the limit. Congrats
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really? Thats great, I will try. Is it the same if I we’re to call? What do I even say just that I would like a higher limit?

Thanks for your help 😬
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Double WoW! Congrats

Message 9 of 17
GodivaD
New Contributor

That’s amazing!!!
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.