cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Discover it, Paypal Extras MC, Marvel MC & Amex ED---6 Yrs Post C7 BK!!!

tag
adamseve
Established Contributor

Approved for Discover it, Paypal Extras MC, Marvel MC & Amex ED---6 Yrs Post C7 BK!!!

Hi,

I am so freakin' excited:  I got approved for my 1st Amex & 1st Discover cards!  Here's the thing:  I have NEVER been able to get either of these cards, EVER!  So, you can imagine how nervous & excited I was to hear/see APPROVED!

These have been my dream cards for a few decades and when their respective pre-qualification sites showed several cards that I was qualified to receive I ANXIOUSLY pulled the trigger after being in the garden for 8 months.  

The Amex Everyday card was an instant approval with a SL of $1000.  I called to request a higher limit because I like to keep my utilization on any given card to no more than 10%.  The rep said to call back once I receive the card, but she couldn't promise that it wouldn't be a hard pull.

The Discover IT wasn't exactly immediate because I had to call to verify myself.  Once I answered a few questions the rep told me I was approved with a $6k SL!  Very happy with this SL because most of my cards average $6-7k limits. 

I use PayPal at least 5x a week so it made sense to try for their Extras MC.  I got an immediate approval with a SL of $800...that shocked me, but I plan to call Synchrony to request a higher limit since I rarely spend over 10% on any of my cards.  Hence, this card wouldn't get much usage.  

The Marvel MC has also been a dream card because we LOVE Marvel!  I have wanted it forever, but my scores weren't up to snuff.  I figured if Discover & Amex gave me a card then surely Synchrony would give me a shot with another one of their credit cards (have the Walmart store card, Lowes card & the Ebates Visa).  Hot diggity dog:  INSTANT approval with a $2k SL!  I plan to request a higher limit once I receive the card.  

Data points:

• No baddies except BK in 2013.
  • Never had Discover or Amex.
  • Synchrony pulled TU for Marvel& PayPal.  Already posting on EQ & EX.
  • Amex & Discover pulled EX.
  • AoA:  5 yrs, 3 mos.
  • Bank with Discover
  • Self-employed

Scores:

EQ:  Fico 8:  690, Fico 9:  690 - 5 inquiries (2 for mortgage)

EX:  Fico 8:  680, Fico 9:  687 - 2 inquiries (mortgage)

TU:  Fico 8:  695, Fico 9:  651 - 3 inquiries (1 for mortgage) - UPDATED INFO

I am officially in the garden for the next 2 or so years as I shoot for 700+ scores!  If you have any suggestions on what you've done to grow with Amex & Discover I'd love to know more!

Thank you all for your willingness to share information, your successes, your declinations, & so much more.  I couldn't have gotten this far without it!

Hope my sharing helps someone in their journey especially if you're rebuilding after a BK.  

42 REPLIES 42
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Approved for Discover it, Paypal Extras MC, Marvel MC & Amex ED---6 Yrs Post C7 BK!!!

Great job, from 1 BKr to another, great pickups. Only real advice for Discover growth is to unpack your Magic 8 Ball, shake and praySmiley Happy
Message 2 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Discover it, Paypal Extras MC, Marvel MC & Amex ED---6 Yrs Post C7 BK!!!

Congrats on a very impressive haul, all the better coming from your past history. Feels great to get those goal cards doesn’t it? Well done!
Message 3 of 43
3se7ens
Frequent Contributor

EXCELLENT!! Congrats. Smiley Wink

As of 3/2022

EQ.-721  |  TU.-731  |  EX.-708

Top Cards:

AmEx Gold - $10,000 POT. BofA Americard $17,000 NFCU CR. $16,000 NFCU Plat.$15,000 FNBO Visa $14,800

Disco Miles $14,000 Chase FU $13,900 USAA Signature $13,000  PayPal MC $10,000 

Macy's AmEx $25,000 Macy's AmEx (upgraded) $25,000

Message 4 of 43
adamseve
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Great job, from 1 BKr to another, great pickups. Only real advice for Discover growth is to unpack your Magic 8 Ball, shake and praySmiley Happy

OMG, too funny, but from what I've been reading I'm sure you're right!

I forgot to add that I bank with Discover so hopefully that will count for something Smiley Happy.

Thank you so much for your kind words!

Message 5 of 43
adamseve
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on a very impressive haul, all the better coming from your past history. Feels great to get those goal cards doesn’t it? Well done!

Thank you so much!  Yes, the economic downturn really hurt my family and it feels awesome to be back.

Message 6 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice, congratulations!

Message 7 of 43
adamseve
Established Contributor

@3se7ens wrote:

EXCELLENT!! Congrats. Smiley Wink

Thank you very much!  It has been a long journey and it's not over, but I'm determined to finish it stronger than ever!

Message 8 of 43
adamseve
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Very nice, congratulations!

Thank you!Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 43
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Nice little Spree!!!!
Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.