Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for First National Bank of Ohama AMEX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for First National Bank of Ohama AMEX

Yesterday I received a pre-screened letter from FNBO and since I had never heard of that bank I did my research on this forum. So today I tried my luck and was instantly approved. I didn’t see my CL at first so I followed a link from a previous post to find out my starting limit was $1,400. $1,400 may not sound like a lot for most people but for someone like me starting over it is my highest limit so far.

My brief story is I lived in another country for 15 years and moved back to the States in December 2015. So after that time period with no use of credit here I didn’t have a FICO score. I got a job in March and after my first pay check I applied for and received a Cap1 secured $49-$300 card. After 6 months it was cli to $500. In November I was approved for a QuickSilver card with CL off $500 (wasn’t happy with that limit but it was my first unsecured card) but I am in the steps program and will be bumped up to $750 after 5 months of on time payments. During that time my Fico scores have gone up from 660 to EQ-728, TU-732, EX-643.

I am so happy to have found this forum as it has provided me with the knowledge I needed to make smart credit choices.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Approved for First National Bank of Ohama AMEX

Nice, in 6 months call and see if there is a pre approved SP CLI waiting for you, the limit of an FNBO card can skyrocket quickly if you treat them right.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that information. Are all cli phone in or does their website have a “love” button.

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for that information. Are all cli phone in or does their website have a “love” button.

No, but if you use the love button its a HP.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.