Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Hilton Honors American Express

tag
hernaemm90
New Contributor

Approved for Hilton Honors American Express

Hello everyone, just wanted to share my story because i'm happy and wanted to share it with someone. 

I applied for the Hilton Honors card and amex requested a tax transcript. I sent it in by fax and called the next day to make sure they got it, the customer service rep on the phone told me they did but can't complete my application because I filled out the form wrong. This ticked me off because I had called amex as I was filling out the form to make sure this exact situation didn't happen. I hung up the phone and gave up trying with amex (This was the third time in a row I was applying for an amex card). Well, my application must've been sent for a second review because today I got an email saying I was approved. Thank you credit card gods Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for Hilton Honors American Express

Congrats on your approval!!!!

I'm a little confused about the "tax transcript". Are your referring to a copy of your taxes or is this a form provided by Amex. Is this standard now on Amex apps?

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 2 of 18
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 3 of 18
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval.
Would you mind giving a little more info on the reasons for the tax transcripts?

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 4 of 18
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats

Message 5 of 18
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Perhaps they were requesting IV or Tax Return information to verify your income?

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 6 of 18
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

What limit did they give you?
Message 7 of 18
hernaemm90
New Contributor

@Priory_Man wrote:
Congrats on the approval.
Would you mind giving a little more info on the reasons for the tax transcripts?

They didn't give a reason for wanting a tax transcript. I assume they just wanted to verify I had income because i'm a thin file and never had an Amex card before.

Message 8 of 18
hernaemm90
New Contributor

@800FICOGoal wrote:

Congrats on your approval!!!!

I'm a little confused about the "tax transcript". Are your referring to a copy of your taxes or is this a form provided by Amex. Is this standard now on Amex apps?

Yes, the form is IRS form 4506 T and it basically gives amex permission to see your tax return. I'm not sure about it being standard for amex, I assume they wanted to verify I had income because i'm a thin file and have no history with amex

Message 9 of 18
hernaemm90
New Contributor

@xaximus wrote:
Congrats on the approval! Perhaps they were requesting IV or Tax Return information to verify your income?

Yes, I think they just wanted to verify I had income

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.