cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Merrill+ Visa Signature card!

tag
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for Merrill+ Visa Signature card!

Should receive the card tomorrow because I asked them to expedite it to me. 

I don't see much reason not to apply once you feel comfortable. It doesn't have the bonus categories like CSP, but it also carrier no annual fee. 

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 11 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

My last spree was in March but my DH had a spree in July and I was added on as AU to his CSP, Delta, UMPE and Discover lowering my AAOA to 4 yrs 10 mos. I'm going to pick up another Amex in Jan (backdate to '85) and was going to finish it off with this card and perhaps the Fidelity Puke Green Amex.

That's the plan
Message 12 of 19
GMCloud27
Valued Member

Thanks Espnjunkie for all of that, I really appreciate it!  I think I'll be going this route come December when my CLI hits for BCE.  I agree that for the no AF, No FTF, and generous tradeline, it's a good card to have.

AmEx Gold (NPSL) | CSP ($12k) | BCE ($24.5k) | PenFed Platinum Rewards ($50k) | Merrill Lynch PP ($15k) | US Bank Cash Plus ($19.5k) | Citi Best Buy ($8k) | CapitalOne QuickSilver ($6k)

01/13-12/13 Tradelines: $10,100 -> $69,900 Thank you myFico!
TL: $134,400
Message 13 of 19
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Also one of the snazzier looking card designs out there. It's very unique looking and I'm excited to get it tomorrow in the mail 

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 14 of 19
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@espnjunkie wrote:

Got the 30 day message after calling in and applying, was anxious and decided to call the backdoor number. After a few questions was quickly approved for the card with a $25,000.00 starting limit which the senior credit analyst said would be able to grow to meet my needs over time. 

With Merrill Lunch customer service, no forex fees, emv technology, visa signature benefits, generous credit lines, no annual fee, flexible rewards program, this seems to be one of the better value cards out there! If you spend $50,000 per year on the card you get free lounge access, amongst other benefits. This seems to be a great benefit package that few people know about. You don't have to be a Merrill Lynch or Bank of America customer in order to apply either!  

congrats on the approval and cl!!! thats one sweet limit! I plan to apply for this card in February. I have accounts with Merrill+ so hopefull that will play a factor in getting approved. If not,  I dont even mind moving some of my limit from the cash reward to get the card!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 15 of 19
WuXing5
Regular Contributor

lol, i could not finish the second paragraph past "With Merrill Lunch customer service"

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully. " - GWB
Message 16 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congarts on a great card with a excellent limit 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 17 of 19
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats espn! Any idea how much emphasis they put on current ML retirement accounts? You can only app over the phone correct?
Message 18 of 19
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

You can only apply over the phone as far as I am aware, and it's done through the normal BofA phone number. You just ask to apply fopr the Merrill+ card. 

I've heard bad things about BofA customer service, but the senior credit analyst I spoke with was American and very knowledgeable. 

You do not have to be a Merrill Lynch customer in order to apply for or be approved for this card. I currently have no accounts with them. If you have good to excellent credit, and one or more other prime cards then it shouldn't be too tough to get approved for this card. Again, tough to find a similar rewards card with no forex fees, emv chip, no annual fee, rewards program, and that offers very high credit limits (don't even bring up Cap One). 

TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.