cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for NFCU Cash Rewards - 3rd Card Approved Lower Limit, Recon'd to $25K!!!!

tag
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Approved for NFCU Cash Rewards - 3rd Card Approved Lower Limit, Recon'd to $25K!!!!

Could it be that the 6th time is the charm?  My TU F09 score rose 146 points overnight as my last derog fell off.  With so many denials over the last 2 years, I am leery.  My last CLI was on 3/18/21.

Right now.

TU F09 = 843

DTI = <7%

INQ's last 12 = 2 (NFCU Denials)

Income to support 25k easily

Should I?  To tell you the truth, I want a reward for this patience and 7 years of being unworthy.

Edited to add:  Approved at $5k, Reconsideration message a success, SL raised to $25k

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Well, Should I try for that 3rd NFCU card now that I am clean on TU

@spiritcraft1, What are you waiting for?

Message 2 of 41
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@spiritcraft1, What are you waiting for?

Thanks...  you have consoled me after a few of these denials..  what the H, it's only an inquiry, it's only and inquiry, it's only...

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 3 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

pull the trigger!

sending luck your way.

Message 4 of 41
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

That's an enormous score jump! 

Your stats are looking good, I think you have a  good chance. 

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 5 of 41
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Good God,

5K @ 9.65%

My Daughter received $25k two months ago, she is 19., makes 20% of what I do and her F09 is 75 points lower...  Wow.

I sent them a nice secure message to reconsider the SL.

6 years of perfect history...  just wow.  What a let down.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 6 of 41
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your new navy card!

Has your daughter ever had derogs on file..... Even though your file may be clean their computers dont forget that you had them. Another thing I have noticed is the higher above 800 on the fico the more frequent the denials and/or lower SLs than what one has on file.

Message 7 of 41
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Good God,

5K @ 9.65%

My Daughter received $25k two months ago, she is 19., makes 20% of what I do and her F09 is 75 points lower...  Wow.

@spiritcraft1, At least it is not $1K .. approval is better than denial.

Wishing you the best on reconsideration. my-fingers-are-crossed-smiley-emoticon.gif

Message 8 of 41
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Good God,

5K @ 9.65%

@spiritcraft1, At least it is not $1K .. approval is better than denial.

Wishing you the best on reconsideration. my-fingers-are-crossed-smiley-emoticon.gif

Yes, but man I have treated NFCU right. I ran 3 mil through them on the business side over 4 years as well....  not one issue ever.  Ah well.  They love the DW and family but me, not so much.  Await my next post...  I am feeling much better!

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 9 of 41
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@spiritcraft1, I know it is kind of a letdownSmiley Sad (You still have recon)

I think on the business side of Navy, they do not look at it for personal. (just a guess)

I have learned to temper my expectations when it comes to Starting Credit limits.

Again, Good luck on the recon .. I hope you knock it outta da park!

Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.