cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for NFCU Cash Rewards - 3rd Card Approved Lower Limit, Recon'd to $25K!!!!

tag
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Well, Should I try for that 3rd NFCU card now that I am clean on TU

Congratulations on your NFCU approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 11 of 41
mystikal1
Established Contributor

Congrats on Navy approval

Message 12 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your 3rd NFCU card!

Message 13 of 41
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 14 of 41
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

If this SL recon does not work at all what are the rules regarding consolidation? 

Options

1. Get the $200 bonus and close it later.  (serves 'em right IMO)
  2. Move the limit to my Flagship if possible and close  (I use that card heavily)
  3. Just Close it and chalk it up to NFCU Weirdness

Any ideas?

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 15 of 41
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

If this SL recon does not work at all what are the rules regarding consolidation? 

Options

2. Move the limit to my Flagship if possible and close  (I use that card heavily)

Any ideas?

@spiritcraft1,

If it were Me .

I would take the SUB, shoot for the 91/3 "CLI" and then see if you still want to close and re-allocate the CL.

Just my 2 cents.

Message 16 of 41
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Options

Any ideas?

Congrats on the approval. 

I would definitely get the SUB before you do anything. If it was me I wouldn't close the card. Navy cards usually grow nicely, seems most people are getting 4K every CLI.

After a year or 2 you could possibly add 16K in CLI's.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 17 of 41
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Options

Any ideas?

@spiritcraft1,

If it were Me .

I would take the SUB, shoot for the 91/3 "CLI" and then see if you still want to close and re-allocate the CL.

Just my 2 cents.

That sounds like a plan.  My EQ F09 will be at the very least in the mid 700's by then, perhaps way higher so they may start giving me max CLI's.  Growing it $500 every 6 months would not be good though!  I just thought for sure it was going to be a $25k approval, just goes to show you.  They have always had a rep for giving out max SL's for upper 600's and smaller limits to higher FICO score folks.  That used to be the case anyway.  I will spend the requirement right away and pay it off; do what is right for me and stop worring what they think.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 18 of 41
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your 3rd NFCU card!

NFCU is definitely not the same as their rep stood since i remember them first breaking onto this credit forum board.

Message 19 of 41
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Grats on your new navy card!

Has your daughter ever had derogs on file..... Even though your file may be clean their computers dont forget that you had them. Another thing I have noticed is the higher above 800 on the fico the more frequent the denials and/or lower SLs than what one has on file.

No, she just have a young file with a year old 2k CB card.  Interesting, I wonder how long that memory lasts?  It is strange how NFCU also responds to higher FICO scores.  They gave me a $8.2K Flagship with a 590 FICO 3 years ago...

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.