cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for NFCU Cash Rewards - 3rd Card Approved Lower Limit, Recon'd to $25K!!!!

tag
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Re: Well, Should I try for that 3rd NFCU card now that I am clean on TU - Approved Lower Limit

Wow, congrats on the TransUnion 146 points increase. Perhaps NFCU will reconsider your last application and not have to do another hard pull. It's worth a try and I fully understand your wanting the reward . . . and you deserve it! 

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 21 of 41
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Re: Well, Should I try for that 3rd NFCU card now that I am clean on TU - Approved Lower Limit

@babygirl1256 wrote:

Wow, congrats on the TransUnion 146 points increase. Perhaps NFCU will reconsider your last application and not have to do another hard pull. It's worth a try and I fully understand your wanting the reward . . . and you deserve it! 

Thank you...  it was a long road.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 22 of 41
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

Re: Well, Should I try for that 3rd NFCU card now that I am clean on TU

@gdale6 wrote:

Grats on your new navy card!

Has your daughter ever had derogs on file..... Even though your file may be clean their computers dont forget that you had them. Another thing I have noticed is the higher above 800 on the fico the more frequent the denials and/or lower SLs than what one has on file.

Well, then I should be golden for approvals for quite some time!🤣

Also CONGRATULATIONS on the approval!  Hang in there!  It will grow!

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 23 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! My first card with them was for $1,000 second approval was $20,000. Did you burn navy or have late payments with them? There's something they don't like that they are starting you with low limit.  

Message 24 of 41
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your approval! My first card with them was for $1,000 second approval was $20,000. Did you burn navy or have late payments with them? There's something they don't like that they are starting you with low limit.  

No, perfect payment history.  Big spend, paying in full.  No issues with checking etc.  No weirdness in my reports, no chex issues, nothing. They treated me better when I had a 590 TU09.  Then, in Decenber 2018, I had 9 unpaid CO's and two big unpaid collections but they just threw that Flagship at me with an instant approval.  Crazy how they work.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 25 of 41
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

No, perfect payment history.  Big spend, paying in full.  No issues with checking etc.  No weirdness in my reports, no chex issues, nothing. They treated me better when I had a 590 TU09.

I really wonder what it is that they seem to favor folks with more blemished portfolios.

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 26 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No, perfect payment history.  Big spend, paying in full.  No issues with checking etc.  No weirdness in my reports, no chex issues, nothing. They treated me better when I had a 590 TU09.

That's crazy. Hopefully they will reconsider your limit. Do keep us posted!

Message 27 of 41
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the second NFCU card! That limit will grow!!

Message 28 of 41
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@designated_knitter wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

I really wonder what it is that they seem to favor folks with more blemished portfolios.

It seems very odd but there are many data points out there suggesting just that.  I remember many instances of 610-650 scores nailing $25k limits on 2nd and 3rd cards while many other in the 800's were getting $1k limits on 2nd and 3rd cards.  This seemed to be a pattern pre-pandemic anyway and there were always exceptions.  The DW scored a MR card for $15k at about 615 and then a Flagship for $15k at 640 or so.  Those have also grown since to $25k and $27k.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 29 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

🥳🥳🥳Congratulations on your massive rebuilding of your credit, getting all those derogs off 👊🏻💥, that amazing TU CS points increase ⚡️... and your NFCU. May it grow well... soon! 

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.