Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for NFCU GO Rewards

tag
Goal_Getter
New Contributor

Approved for NFCU GO Rewards

After taking you all’s advice, i paid down on at least one of my credit cards bringing my utilization down from 79% to 64%. That’s still high but I anxiously wanted to app for a NFCU card to do a balance transfer to bring the other card balances down. Well, low and behold, i applied yesterday and was approved with a starting limit of $3,300 (highest limit this far) and the balance transfers was approved as well. The starting limit is actually more than i expected. This will bring my overall utilization down significantly. I’m just happy to finally be IN IN with Navy now. Maybe in three months or so i could request CLI? Transunion was pulled with 615 FICO. My goal now is to relax and keep working on paying off balances.
Starting Score: 550
Current Scores: EQ 658 EX 651 TU 669
Goal Score: 700
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Approved for NFCU GO Rewards

Nice job, enjoySmiley Happy
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome - more and more it looks like Navy is the way to go for building big CLs and getting on track. Congrats!
Message 3 of 13
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 6 of 13
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Nice job.  That NFCU card will grow I am sure.  A point increase is in store as well I bet.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 7 of 13
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!👍x3,300!!!!

Best of Luck!

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice job, congratulations!!! 

Gotta love Navy Fed Heart

Message 9 of 13
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and I like your strategy for laying low after.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.