Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Nordstrom - 1.5k

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Nordstrom - 1.5k

So a few days ago I decided to app for the Nordstrom card in store while buying some stuff when they assured me it would be a soft pull for the store only card (not the Visa) which is what I wanted. You can tell them exactly what card you want to app for if any of you are interested in trying this soft pull card. My reasons for wanting the card were the $40 sign up bonus and free tailoring up to $100 a year. As far as the point system using the card this doesn't interest me because I have a card that gives me 5% at department stores like Nordstrom, plus if you enter your phone number you also get 2 additional nordy pts on top no matter what card you use, yielding 7% cashback total.

I was declined at the register and I thought that was that until Saturday when I received a letter saying they declined me because they couldn't verify information. Last night I called them near midnight and the mixup was cleared and was approved. Nice! But here's the problem.. from what I'm reading online apparently you can only get the $40 bonus if you use it on the very day you were approved. Nobody mentioned this to me and now it's technically a day past and won't even receive my card for 7-10 days. I will call and ask about this.

Either way, I'll take it! My first card to go from declined to approved with a phone call. Don't know why they had to intially decline me over a phone number issue instead of talking to me at the store and verifying it then. Oh well. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Approved for Nordstrom - 1.5k

Congratulations! and enjoy that FishYogurtSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! That is a decent SL. I had the card since January of this year w/ a $300 SL and it recieved a SP CLI to $2500 this past month after making a call to the CSR. As for the $40 signup bonus. You can absolutely still get it if you head over there today and do some shopping. Since you were approved they can pull up your card at the register with your phone number. 

Message 3 of 7
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I didn't get my $40 either because I was approved right before midnight and used the card the next day. Called them back and they issued it to my account in a few minutes.

Message 4 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I didn't get my $40 either because I was approved right before midnight and used the card the next day. Called them back and they issued it to my account in a few minutes.

Brian, You forgot to mention the wallet?

#GucciAF

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As for the $40 signup bonus. You can absolutely still get it if you head over there today and do some shopping. Since you were approved they can pull up your card at the register with your phone number. 

Oh jeeze, is there any way I can pull up the card with my phone number and shop online? My night is booked and the nearest Nordstrom is a half hour away. 

Edit: I just called and the nice lady says that since my card wasn't approved right away my card is not activated since I never agreed to the terms and conditions. So once I get the card in the mail and activate it THEN I need to make a purchase that day and the 40 dollars will be credited. Joy

Message 6 of 7
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.