Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Paypal MC...with disappointing SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Paypal MC...with disappointing SL

If you're struggling to get the bonus spend met then it's not the right card for you at this point. 

If you can bear to lose out on the bonus points and find a use for the card then snag it. 

If you want to get to accumulating points then you have to start somewhere and the CFU is the best option and you don't have a high hurdle to clear when it comes to spend.

Message 11 of 29
Fated4Credit
Regular Contributor

After thinking it over I've decided to app for the CFU. I figure I can't get a worse SL than I did with the PPMC & I might as well take the hit for the inquiries & new accounts now rather than later. I can always PC to the CSP later. Fingers crossed.
Discover: $15,900
Cap One QS: $4811
CFU: $8,000
PPMC: $12,000
US Bank Cash+: $13,000
Penfed Powercash Rewards: $7,500
AAOA: 3.5 yrs
Experian (Fico 8) 756
Transunion (Fico 8) 757
Equifax (Fico 8) 764
Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds like a better plan for right now vs what you want w/ the CSP and risking not meeting the spend requirement.  PC = no bonus but, you pick up the perks if you start traveling..... also, you can keep the bonus option open w/ PC and then if you think you can hit the spend downgrade it back to CF/CFU and give it a couple of days and apply for the bonus on CSP/R w/o hitting that 48 month rule.

Message 13 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy

Holla back when you get $300 sl like i did on this cardSmiley Wink. Perspective my Dear WatsonSmiley Happy
Message 14 of 29
Fated4Credit
Regular Contributor

Well u got me there AJC 😅
Experian (Fico 8) 756
Transunion (Fico 8) 757
Equifax (Fico 8) 764
Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval to start! Now I had this card last year and let me explain what happened. Initial credit limit was $300 and I could not for the life of me get Paypal to link up my checking accounts so I had to make a few payments to PP MC over the phone. Well the one payment I made somehow I goofed up the checking account number on the phone and it never was paid so 3 weeks goes by and I notice it was never paid so I call them up and make the payment plus late fee, well turns out Syncrony decide to close the account out because of this and to this day I won't do business with them. Back about 2 years ago when I ran into tuff times they went as far to close out two $0 balance accounts Amazon and Sears further dinging my credit good luck with them I don't like them.

Message 16 of 29
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Congrats.

PP will grow.  My DH started at 500SL it now sits at10K at the 1.5 year mark.

+1 - It definitely will GROW !  My card started at $700 SL in April 2018 and it grew to $10,000 last month! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 17 of 29
Fated4Credit
Regular Contributor

@ Marz2002: Just a quick ? How big was your first increase when u requested or does PP do auto increases. & I heard that u can request as soon as 4 months? Also I'm kinda on the fence of forgoing calling credit solutions for now & give Synch a chance to redeem themselves when my first increase becomes available.
Experian (Fico 8) 756
Transunion (Fico 8) 757
Equifax (Fico 8) 764
Message 18 of 29
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Fated4Credit wrote:
@ Marz2002: Just a quick ? How big was your first increase when u requested or does PP do auto increases. & I heard that u can request as soon as 4 months? Also I'm kinda on the fence of forgoing calling credit solutions for now & give Synch a chance to redeem themselves when my first increase becomes available.

, my 1st statement cut about a week after I received the card (I didn't have an opportunity to use the card BEFORE then).  I received an AUTO CLI of $1,000 after the 4th statement was cut ($200 - $300 monthly spend and PIF after statement cut).  Next, I immediately logged into my Account and hit the LUV button for an additional $1,000 CLI.  IMO, I think you should just use the card for the next 3 months and see what happens after your 4th statement is cut.

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 19 of 29
Fated4Credit
Regular Contributor

Okay I'll wait for the 4th statement hopefully my patience is well rewarded. Also anyone know who I call to see about the getting the card a little faster or @ least find out if it's been send out yet, is it PayPal or Sync? It started reporting to experian today. The approval pg said 7-10 days for arrival, although I don't remember if it said business days or not.
Experian (Fico 8) 756
Transunion (Fico 8) 757
Equifax (Fico 8) 764
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.