Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Paypal MC...with disappointing SL

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Approved for Paypal MC...with disappointing SL

I got an auto increase from $300 to $1050 after 3 statements. Got my first CS increase to $3150 maybe 2 months later. Not sure if itll grow more due to overall Sync exposure but ive reached the point i no longer need to get high limits. Smiley Wink
Message 21 of 29
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Fated4Credit wrote:
Okay I'll wait for the 4th statement hopefully my patience is well rewarded. Also anyone know who I call to see about the getting the card a little faster or @ least find out if it's been send out yet, is it PayPal or Sync? It started reporting to experian today. The approval pg said 7-10 days for arrival, although I don't remember if it said business days or not.
, PayPal MC Customer Service number is 855-520-0991
AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 22 of 29
CreditWolf
New Contributor

congrats there wait for 90 days before asking for the increase

Message 23 of 29
Fated4Credit
Regular Contributor

@Marz2002 wrote:

@Fated4Credit wrote:
Okay I'll wait for the 4th statement hopefully my patience is well rewarded. Also anyone know who I call to see about the getting the card a little faster or @ least find out if it's been send out yet, is it PayPal or Sync? It started reporting to experian today. The approval pg said 7-10 days for arrival, although I don't remember if it said business days or not.

Just a quick update: I was unable to get the card through expedited shipping & couldn't even get a estimate of when the card would be delivered from time of approval as my card has not been created as of yet, that I would need to wait the full 7-10 business days. The CSR even went as far as saying I could make purchases in the meantime with my temp. $200 limit. No thank you, I wouldn't be making any purchases until I have said card actually in hand along with my real limit. To  my estimate it should be here @ the latest July 3 Smiley Frustrated Is this the norm wait time for Sync cards being shipped out or just the paypal card?

I'm willing to give Sync bank/paypal a chance but so far they're not really endearing themselves to me, compared my other approval Chase who were more than willing to ship out the FU within 3-5 business days, so I'll have it in hand by Thrusday the latest. 

Discover: $15,900
Cap One QS: $4811
CFU: $8,000
PPMC: $12,000
US Bank Cash+: $13,000
Penfed Powercash Rewards: $7,500
AAOA: 3.5 yrs
Experian (Fico 8) 756
Transunion (Fico 8) 757
Equifax (Fico 8) 764
Message 24 of 29
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Congratualtions on your approval!

@Fated4Credit wrote:

I'm willing to give Sync bank/paypal a chance but so far they're not really endearing themselves to me, compared my other approval Chase who were more than willing to ship out the FU within 3-5 business days, so I'll have it in hand by Thrusday the latest. 

To be fair, Sync is sending out a lot more cards than Chase.   If you take care of Sync they will take care of you.  I would suggest never, ever, going over 50% utilization on their cards. They are great cards for getting higher limits reported, but not for using high limits.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 25 of 29
Fated4Credit
Regular Contributor

@mikesonthemend wrote:

Congratualtions on your approval!

@Fated4Credit wrote:

To be fair, Sync is sending out a lot more cards than Chase.   If you take care of Sync they will take care of you.  I would suggest never, ever, going over 50% utilization on their cards. They are great cards for getting higher limits reported, but not for using high limits.

How contradictory of them, from reading numerous posts about them I know how skittish they can be even probably more than Chase,  so I plan to keep util as low as possbile on the card. In fact I don't feel comfortable carrying more than 30% for more than one month. I don't want to give them any reason to look at me sideways. 

Experian (Fico 8) 756
Transunion (Fico 8) 757
Equifax (Fico 8) 764
Message 26 of 29
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Fated4Credit wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

@Fated4Credit wrote:

Just a quick update: I was unable to get the card through expedited shipping & couldn't even get a estimate of when the card would be delivered from time of approval as my card has not been created as of yet, that I would need to wait the full 7-10 business days. The CSR even went as far as saying I could make purchases in the meantime with my temp. $200 limit. No thank you, I wouldn't be making any purchases until I have said card actually in hand along with my real limit. To  my estimate it should be here @ the latest July 3 Smiley Frustrated Is this the norm wait time for Sync cards being shipped out or just the paypal card?

, Synch is definitely not Customer friendly, based on my experience with them (and, they have that annoying automated Chat person).  I have the PP MC and the CareCredit cards from Synch and neither card was delivered to me as quickly as other lenders.   
AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 27 of 29
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@Fated4Credit wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

@Fated4Credit wrote:

I applied on 6/10 and didn't get the card until this Saturday (6/22), so it was the full 10 business days. I'm honestly surprised that you got such a low limit. They were more than generous with me, but at least Chase was good to you! I'm still too scared to pull that trigger lol. I'll need to wait until next year for them now. Plus, Synch grows (which I'm counting on). Best of luck!

Message 28 of 29
Fated4Credit
Regular Contributor

So little update: Today my 3rd statement cut & I got an auto increase of 750. From 800 to 1550. Again a little disappointing. I did let a 267 balance report, wonder if that had anything to do with the increase?Highest reported balance in the card is 340, with my monthly spent being between 200-300

I want to know what's my next step? I'm happy for the overall increase, but not the amount. Is it still worth it to call credit solutions? What's the time frame I can call between getting an auto increase & requesting one? Or do I wait it out another 3-4 months to see if synch is going to give me anything more substantial before requesting an increase from CS. My plan is to ask for 10k & have them counter.
Experian (Fico 8) 756
Transunion (Fico 8) 757
Equifax (Fico 8) 764
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.