Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Quicksilver upgrade!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Quicksilver upgrade!

I am still fairly new to my credit journey and my first credit card was the Journey card from capital one. I've had it for about 4.5 months and unexpectedly, I had an upgrade offer to Quicksilver card with no annual fee which I gladly took bc QS was the card I wanted in the first place but could not apply bc I did not have credit history. Now that I am upgraded to QS, i want to aim to get an excellent score credit card from capital one. I keep my credit utilization low and I ALWAYS pay my balance in full every period. I also got an CLI in my other credit card(discover) recently and I am keeping up with good credit habits with that one too. My credit score is in the mid-700 range. The only "negative" thing in my case would be that my credit age isnt so old. How hard and long would it to be to get an upgrade from QS to Venture/Venture1 card?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Approved for Quicksilver upgrade!

Congrats. Looks like you have 2 cards right? Let 1 report $5 statement cut. Dont let all $0 show for statement cuts. Drops your score. 3 is best for FICO scoring. Forget the Venture One. Not worth it. Get some more age and try the Savor 1. Or even another card that suits your spend. Keep up the great work!

Message 2 of 13
gorgon
Established Contributor

Congrats on the upgrade!

I hope to eventually get an upgrade to the QS as well...fingers crossed.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've also thought of the savor card too as it does seem to suit my lifestyle as of now (as a student) I'll keep my possibilities open thank you for the feedback!

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your upgrade! 

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the upgrade!!
Message 6 of 13
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your upgrade!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 13
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the nice upgrade.
Where do you check or see the offers?

My QS1 is 3 months old but i really wanna PC to regular QS sometime!

Also can you share any datapoints e.g. your usage and payment pattern on the card which led to the offer showing up?

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 8 of 13
CreditRebuilder2020
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!!!! 

And I'm jealous! Haha -- Plan on rolling my CapOne Platinum & QS1 into a Quicksilver after a year, got about 6 months to go on that. QS is a great card and those can grow very nicely. 

I'm more and more impressed with Capital One the more I deal with them, they're wiling to give people a chance and those journey cards are excellent starter cards for youing people. 

X1 VISA SIG $15,500/ AMEX Gold / Petal 1 $3600 / Wells Fargo Active Cash VISA $3K / VENMO Visa $900 / Verizon Visa $2K / Apple Card $1500 SL / Wyndham Rewards Earner Visa $500 / WALGREENS Store $1K / Amazon Store $5000 SL/ Discover IT Chrome $2500K / BP Prime Rewards VISA $4350 / PayPal MC $3500 / BOA BankAmericard $2K / BOA Cash Rewards $1K / Cap One Savor One $1200 / Cap One QS1 $950 / Blaze MC $2250 / Credit One $850 / Credit One AMEX $1200 / OpenSky $600 / AvantCard $1000 / Discover IT Cash Back (Graduated) $400 / eBay MC $750
FEB '22 EX: 698 EQ: 700 TU: 713 | UTL: 23% | Total Credit Limit: $54000
Goal Score: 675 for all FICOS (ACHIEVED NOVEMBER 2021) | NEW GOAL SCORE: 725 for ALL FICOs
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditRebuilder2020

Same with me! I was very impressed on their leniency to those who deserved it. The Jouney card was really a great starter cause I'm just a student that was new to credit and it led me here to get a QS! 

I hope you get yours too soon Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.