Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for REI Co-Op World MC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for REI Co-Op World MC

Here I am in the garden minding my own business when I receive yet another pre-qual mailer from REI / US Bank. (It's almost like they send a new one every 3 weeks!) Since I already have two (2) cash back cards (GS Apple Card + NFCU CashRewards), I've been aiming to build up my portfolio of points rewards. Go Team Points! In fact I just picked up my CSP not too long ago, and hit the $4K organic spend to get that amazing 80K-point SUB. While my next planned app (AMEX Plat) was not supposed to be until Feb 2021, I couldn't resist the 5% back at REI + $100 REI GC after first purchase + $100 REI GC after $2K spent in first 90 days. I shop at REI regularly [and with most travel on hold], this would be a great accompaniment to my outdoor adventures. 

I am not currently nor have ever been a US Bank customer, and Ihad no expectations going into it. After entering in the confirm code and my info, I hit submit... waited about 30 seconds. My avg FICO isn't the best, so I was expecting a denial or low SL. To my surprise, the following offer appeared. (see below) 

TOO.jpg

Another thing I did not expect was the option to accept this offer or forfeit. Of course I accepted! The purchase APR after 18 months is on the higher side, but doesn't really matter for me as I only carry a very small balance (~$10) for reporting. Now really... back DEEP in the garden. 

DPs: 

Approved $10,500 SL 

CA resident - US Bank Pulled TU only 

FICO 8 EXP 682 EQ 712 TU 698 

Util 12% 

Income $165K 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Approved for REI Co-Op World MC

That's terrific!  Congratulations on your approval!

Message 2 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice SL, grats on it Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 4 of 12
ACN323
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your approval! Awesome SL! This one is on my future list. 

Started at 490 in Dec.18’'
EX8 740 EQ 756 TU 753
Discover IT $4.7k
Apple Card $2.5k
Amex BCE $10k
Amex Delta Gold $15k
Citi LL Bean $5.4k
Synch Adorama $2k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $8.4k
Message 5 of 12
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your REI approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wahoooooo congrats!!! I was just approved for this a month ago and I couldn't be happier Smiley Very Happy Glad to see others in the same boat!

Message 9 of 12
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

@Anonymous Congrats on your approval!! I just received the exact same offer but mine did not state pre-approved. However, it did come with an offer code with an expiration date.  Did your offer specifically say "pre-approved"?

Thank you! 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.