Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Ring low Limit :(

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Approved for Ring low Limit :(

Well I didn't listen to Mom and DID succumb to peer pressure. Saw jaeproc's approval thread for the card I really really want and pulled the trigger. Sir Barclays approved me for the Ring but only for $1000. Smiley Frustrated. Said they haven't seen enough history from me yet. Rewards card only 5 months old. And he mentioned my inqs(4 well 5 now). Oh well, I am really really in the garden now. Got to get this Ring to $10k plus Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Approved for Ring low Limit :(

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 33
CardHunter
Established Contributor

Nice card, Congrats!

Message 3 of 33
jaeproc
Contributor

Hey sorry to hear about the low starting limit. We're you Initially declined and then called recon? If so maybe the rep you spoke too wasn't as willing to give you a higher credit limit. It can be income also I make 94 a year!!!

Message 4 of 33
jaeproc
Contributor

In addition I had 8 inquires ,and my amex which is my newest tradeline is only 4 months old. I believe it was the rep, my rep was extremely nice and I can tell she was trying her hardest to get me approved for the highest limit possible.

Message 5 of 33
baller4life
Super Contributor

I got an error message because I lost cell signal. So, I called and analyst pulled it up and went over credit file. I may try to recon with another rep. He could have done better. Smiley Mad. My income is $70k

Message 6 of 33
baller4life
Super Contributor

8% Apr. This card SO rocks!! My pretty burst of sunshine card is already listed in my Barclays acct. Geez that was fast! Now to stalk the mailman. Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 33
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 8 of 33
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 9 of 33
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Well I didn't listen to Mom and DID succumb to peer pressure. Saw jaeproc's approval thread for the card I really really want and pulled the trigger. Sir Barclays approved me for the Ring but only for $1000. Smiley Frustrated. Said they haven't seen enough history from me yet. Rewards card only 5 months old. And he mentioned my inqs(4 well 5 now). Oh well, I am really really in the garden now. Got to get this Ring to $10k plus Smiley Wink

Congrats on your approval Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.