cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Ritz Carlton but NOT AMEX SPG?!?!?!?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Ritz Carlton but NOT AMEX SPG?!?!?!?!

Got a $10k credit limit from Chase for the RITZ Carlton card but denied the AMEX SPG card and CLI on my AMEX DELTA.  Anyone know why this would happen. I have had the DELTA AMEX since Feb. 2016 and also have a AMEX PRG. Creidt scores are 700 across the board but about 12 inquries this year for data points

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Approved for Ritz Carlton but NOT AMEX SPG?!?!?!?!

Sorry to hear about Amex , but congrats for the Ritz , I have no answers for you but wanted to say congrats
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't the Amex CLI every 6 months? Maybe you did it a bit premature?

Congrats on the Ritz though.. it's really an awesome card!
Message 3 of 11
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I think the Amex is 3 mths 3x ..so I have read , not for sure
Message 4 of 11
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@Aduke1122 wrote:

It is generally believed that the first CLI attempt can be made after 60 days, all subsquent CLI attempts take 180 days. 

OP - You will receive a letter with the denial reasons. That will give you some insight into why Amex decided not to extend you anymore credit. Each creditor has their own criteria for approving credit. Enjoy the Ritz. 

Message 5 of 11
taekwon
Regular Contributor

@-Cal- wrote:

@Aduke1122 wrote:

It is generally believed that the first CLI attempt can be made after 60 days, all subsquent CLI attempts take 180 days. 

OP - You will receive a letter with the denial reasons. That will give you some insight into why Amex decided not to extend you anymore credit. Each creditor has their own criteria for approving credit. Enjoy the Ritz. 

Cal, I just wanted to comment on your cards. You have some really nice travel cards, most of them are on my wish list. I hope your getting go use out of them. I noticed you have a Capital One Venture WEMC. Is this card discontinued? I could not find it on there site.

Starting Scores: EQ 598, EX 566, TU 550, 3/31/13 ....... Goal Score: 830
Current Scores: EQ 845, EX 841, TU 836 ..................... Inq: EQ: 0, EX: 1, TU: 1

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:

I talked to an Amex CSR and he told me 6 months but we all know how that goes. It's hit or miss with the right information with them

Message 7 of 11
sjt
Senior Contributor

@taekwon wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@Aduke1122 wrote:

Cal, I just wanted to comment on your cards. You have some really nice travel cards, most of them are on my wish list. I hope your getting go use out of them. I noticed you have a Capital One Venture WEMC. Is this card discontinued? I could not find it on there site.

Venture and Quicksilver cards are offered in WEMC if you apply for them on affiliate sites like Credit Karma, etc.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 8 of 11
taekwon
Regular Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@taekwon wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@Aduke1122 wrote:

Venture and Quicksilver cards are offered in WEMC if you apply for them on affiliate sites like Credit Karma, etc.

Thx for the info Smiley Happy

Starting Scores: EQ 598, EX 566, TU 550, 3/31/13 ....... Goal Score: 830
Current Scores: EQ 845, EX 841, TU 836 ..................... Inq: EQ: 0, EX: 1, TU: 1

Message 9 of 11
garagebandking
Regular Contributor

I can't be of much help other than to say Amex is sometimes a little screwy (just like the rest of them).

I received the RC today w/10k SL but Amex has been tough to get much out of despite use and PIF as transactions post. The inqs maybe spooked them a bit, but I finally got a measly 1k bump on my BCE and I have something like 15 inqs on EX...so maybe that isn't it.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.