Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Ritz-Carlton

tag
medo
Frequent Contributor

Approved for Ritz-Carlton

I travel about 2-3 times per quarter (on SWA usually), and figured I could find use in the perks of the Ritz Carlton.  Previously, I decided to garden since I was applying for cards that offerred no clear benefits for me (BBVA).  

With this card, as I travel often, there are clear benefits that I could use to enhance my travel experiences, although I'd probably have to now fly United more often to fully take advantage of them.  

Anyway, I was approved however I had to move some of my CL from my CSP to the Ritz.  I only charge about $3000 a month against the $15k CL of the CSP, so it was not a big deal.  So I moved $5k to be used for the Ritz Carlton card. 

Once I spend $3k, I will ask them to convert the two nights to the 140k point offer instead.  I'd likely redeem them for UR points (maybe not all).  If I did all, it would be 50k UR points, which on SWA's rapid rewards, I could do 2-3 round trip flights for 2 (I live on the west coast, and I usually stay on the west coast, so travel is generally very cheap on SWA).

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Approved for Ritz-Carlton

Congrats! on an approval for the famous Ritz-Carlt​on

Message 2 of 25
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

CONGRATS. 

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medo wrote:

I travel about 2-3 times per quarter (on SWA usually), and figured I could find use in the perks of the Ritz Carlton.  Previously, I decided to garden since I was applying for cards that offerred no clear benefits for me (BBVA).  

With this card, as I travel often, there are clear benefits that I could use to enhance my travel experiences, although I'd probably have to now fly United more often to fully take advantage of them.  

Anyway, I was approved however I had to move some of my CL from my CSP to the Ritz.  I only charge about $3000 a month against the $15k CL of the CSP, so it was not a big deal.  So I moved $5k to be used for the Ritz Carlton card. 

Once I spend $3k, I will ask them to convert the two nights to the 140k point offer instead.  I'd likely redeem them for UR points (maybe not all).  If I did all, it would be 50k UR points, which on SWA's rapid rewards, I could do 2-3 round trip flights for 2 (I live on the west coast, and I usually stay on the west coast, so travel is generally very cheap on SWA).

Good plan, Only problem with this is..

Marriott/Ritz points do NOT convert to UR's and have an extremely poor exchange with SW miles.

Message 4 of 25
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 5 of 25
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your Ritz approval Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 25
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

congrats!
Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats..

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Ritz! Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.