Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for SPG! But I can't transfer CL from my ED :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for SPG! But I can't transfer CL from my ED :(

After three months with my ED (which has already been bumped from the SL of $2000 to $6000), yesterday I applied for an SPG with the intention to start using it as my daily driver. I got the 14 day message. I called Amex and all they needed was to verify my phone number. Instantly approved for a SL of $1000. My intention was to transfer most of the CL from the ED to the SPG... But I just found out that in order to do it, the card has to be at least 13 months old...

So the bad news are, I'm stuck with the $1000 for at least 2 months until I can apply to bump it up to $3000.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dlm0820
Contributor

Re: Approved for SPG! But I can't transfer CL from my ED :(

You won't get that increase in 2 months because you already got a CLI on one of the cards you have with them and AMEX needs you to wait 6 months for CLI across ALL of your cards.

Besides, 3x6 is better than 3X1.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. An approval for $1K is still an approval! Did you get a SP or HP for this card? 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, didn't know that the time I need to wait between CLIs is account wide... It was a SP.

In other news... Isn't it weird that a card that gives you the welcome bonus after spending $3,000 in the first thre months... Gives you a CL of $1,000? It's literally telling you to max out the card every month.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.