Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Sams MC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Sams MC

Just approved with a TU 702 fico. Holidays are coming. Belt strings may have loosened on the MC version.

Sync
walmart 10k
lowes 9.5k
amazon 7.5k
jcp 200$ never used in years.
Sams MC $1600. NEW
Chat will come soon.
Should I lower some of the other limits as to not poke the bear? Thanks.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Approved for Sams MC

Very nice my friendSmiley Happy to get the mc version first is always a win in my eyesSmiley Happy. Dont try to lower your limits as that could call extra attention to your accounts. So as long as you didnt get too many Sync accounts close together and within last 6-7 months i think youll be ok!! Nice on getting your Wally at 10k. I find Wally harder to rise cli than my Sams( normal) If the bear awakes just let him/her know that you represent the MyFico Fam and youll be goodSmiley Happy grats!! Again !!
Message 2 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nice job, and enjoy your new card!!
Message 3 of 11
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just approved with a TU 702 fico. Holidays are coming. Belt strings may have loosened on the MC version.

Sync
walmart 10k
lowes 9.5k
amazon 7.5k
Sams MC $1600. NEW
Chat will come soon.

Congrats on the Sam's Club MC approval!  Smiley Very Happy

I got my own Sam's Club MC just over a year ago (Aug 2015) and my score was within a few points of yours... I think my TU at the time was 709 (+/-).  I was approved with a SL of $1500, and I've used it hard over the last year. 

I was able to get a few CLIs via the website (to $4850, then to $8k) before I made the call to CS back in June and had it increased to $20k (by this time my TU was completely clean, and was sitting around 780-ish).  If I recall correctly, the website CLIs usually require four months (roughly) in between requests... note that I use the qualifier 'roughly'... I'm fairly sure at least once I was a few days early, yet it still worked.  YMMV.  Smiley Wink

The data on the blue envelopes is a little all over the place, but in most cases (but not all) the folks who have been impacted had opened multiple accounts close together in a short period of time.  Again, there have been exceptions to this, but in my opinion this seems to be the most common situation, and as long as your other Synchrony accounts have a little age on them you'll probably be fine. 

You'll love your new card... it's actually the most-used card in my wallet at the moment, and I'm earning $250+ per year in rewards (and that's even with shifting some usage to other new cards to make spending bonuses... if it weren't for this I would be earning $350+/year on my Sam's Club MC alone.)

All the known Synchrony issues aside, so far they've been flawless for me.  The only notable thing I'll point out is that if you actually shop at Sam's Club, you'll probably have other cards that will give you a higher rewards rate than their own card... it's actually humorous (to me) that I use my Sam's Club MC just about everywhere except for Sam's Club, where I always have a card that can beat the 1% rate of their own card.  Smiley Very Happy

Again, huge congrats... you're going to love it!  screamer.gif

Edited to add:  Don't forget about their promotion where they double your cash back earned the first 90 days your account is open!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals!

Message 5 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow thats some good rewards UncleB!!. I too have noticed the double rewards for the mc on my last visit to Sams. Its very ironic you get better rewards using other cards than your own mc in store go figure. Probably the one thing i dislike the most on the Sams card store or mc is the fact you cant set a notice to receive alerts for anything over $1 . I think the limit is like $300 correct. I initially had some fraud on my card in beginning but probably would have caught it sooner with an alert. But overall cool card to have. Wish i could have gotten it first. Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 11
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 7 of 11
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I wish we had a Sam's Club where I live. Strictly Costco neighborhood, and I doubt Citi will take me.

Congrats again!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Job!!!  I Heart me some Sam's Club for sure!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sync
walmart 10k
lowes 9.5k
amazon 7.5k
Sams MC $1600. NEW
Chat will come soon.

Great approval. I was stuck with thw store card but managed to get it to $10K within months (Max is $12K I believe). Your MC should definitely grow to $20K given the right profile and usage.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.