cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for USAA Limitless Visa Platinum!

tag
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Approved for USAA Limitless Visa Platinum!

Thanks UncleB , I'm so glad you got yours approved today also !! Now I just have to catch up to you and get that Signature version 😂😊
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Major Congrats!!!  I Heart me some USAA.  Smiley Happy

You and UncleB are really knocking it outta the Park!!! Smiley LOL

Message 12 of 16
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Thanks JMED I went ahead and decided to app for a 2nd card yesterday so they can age together, I got approved for the Cash rewards Amex 1k SL but that's good for me to start !
Message 13 of 16
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Also for ppl that have alot of knowledge with USAA cc , I have a few questions. Can you combine cards and limits ? Also how often for CLI ? 6mths? Also should I close my secured card or let it ride another year . My one year mark is next mth and I will be charged an AF 35 bucks , I don't mind so much , it's my oldest card so I'm scared to close it , it also has the secured CD with it .
Message 14 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Also for ppl that have alot of knowledge with USAA cc , I have a few questions. Can you combine cards and limits ? Also how often for CLI ? 6mths? Also should I close my secured card or let it ride another year . My one year mark is next mth and I will be charged an AF 35 bucks , I don't mind so much , it's my oldest card so I'm scared to close it , it also has the secured CD with it .

USAA is rather limited to what you can do with their cards.  You can't combine/move limits, and they (usually) don't do product changed or APR reductions, although occasionally you will read of that (that was what I would have preferred to opening a new Limitless).  I'm not sure if it just depends on the rep you get or something else, but for most of us the answer seems to be 'no'.  Smiley Sad

(Keep in mind that until a year or so ago you couldn't combine Capital One cards, either... so USAA might change at some point.  It's doubtful that a secured card would be able to combine in any case, though.)

As for your secured card with them, if it were me I would close it.  Unless there's a reason you need the other account you can likely put the money to better use somewhere else.  Keep in mind that closed accounts continue to report for up to 10 years, and FICO will continue to include them in AAoA calculations for as long as they report.  Unless your secured card is significantly older than your others it likely won't make an AAoA difference in any case (even in 10 years). 

Side note:  NFCU CD rates are much better than USAA's anyway!  Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 16
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Thanks UncleB for the info , I think I will for sure be closing it bf my AF hits then , I could make better use of the Cash elsewhere , just wasn't sure about the affects it would have on my AAOA
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.