cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for USAA Total Rewards AMEX! I was not Blacklisted from AMEX Centurion even after BK!

tag
riohyannisny

Approved for USAA Total Rewards AMEX! I was not Blacklisted from AMEX Centurion even after BK!

I was Approved for USAA AMEX for 4K!!!! with 646 Experian Score and being a parcial Memeber and I got the AMEX. World Mastercard is still under review. I have a 6 year old Foreclosure still reporting along with several old CO's from the same time period. I have rebuilt and have the following portfolio. Also I went BK in 2000 and included AMEX and Discover in that. It does not show on my CR anymore but I have aquired AMEX and Discover again (Dont beleive in the Blacklist) or I was just very lucky on both and fell through the cracks and my accounts are backdated to the original Included in BK. (1997)

1. Discover $1000 First to make me Primetime again but CL is to low for me to use it.

2. AMEX Zinc NPSL Gonna close it cause It is being discontinued and it got me in the door for 2 of their revolvers.

3. AMEX Jetblue Tueblue rewards $1000 will triple next month

4. AMEX Blue $6000 They are trying to get me to Upgrade to the BCP for a $70 anual fee the Blue has no Annual fee

5. Ebay Platinum Mastercard $2000

6. Citi Thank You $1000 

7. CapitalOne Venture Rewards $3000

8. USAA Total Rewards AMEX $4000 (Partial Member) I only have a Credit Card with them.

Store Cards

Dillards $2000 Only one I even use

Banana Republic $900

JCrew $500

TJMax $500

TU 698/ EQ 689/ EX 646

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Approved for USAA Total Rewards AMEX! I was not Blacklisted from AMEX Centurianeven after BK!

Message 2 of 10
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for USAA Total Rewards AMEX! I was not Blacklisted from AMEX Centurianeven after BK!

USAA does not pull experian it pulls equifax

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 3 of 10
rtw
Established Contributor

Congrats!!

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 4 of 10
riohyannisny

Yes I am sorry I meant 646 Equifax and I was also Approved for the Mastercard 4K.

Message 5 of 10
Datx
Valued Contributor

I really hate to break this to you...but your new approval was for a USAA card on the Amex network. That card is issued by USAA and not from Amex Centurion Bank directly. So you still may be blacklisted by Amex themselves. Anyways, I thought I cleared that up for you. Congrats on the approval btw. I think that is a pretty big win for a partial member. Stories like this keeps my hopes high.

EDIT: I apologize, I didnt realized you had other Amex cards! Congrats again!

Message 6 of 10
riohyannisny

Thank You! Trust me I was just as shocked as everyone else when I was approved for Zync a year ago from Centurian Bank. (AMEX) Even more shocked when I was approved for the two revolvers over the next few months. All with my member since date of 97. (The Optima I had Included in BK back in 2000) I never paid this account back. So I am pretty happy they were kind enough to give me another shot. I did talk to a CSR once and talked about my old account IIB and she said it was just very old and not to worry about it. 

Message 7 of 10
riohyannisny

Re: Approved for USAA Total Rewards AMEX! I was not Blacklisted from AMEX Centurion even after BK!

Something I did not mention before was that my aunt added me as an Authorized user on her Blue Cash Rewards AMEX she opened in 2004 but when I applied for my own AMEX cards from Centurion I applied by myself and like I said Account were backdated to my original BK account in 97 and when my AU card arrived that my aunt added me on that card had my Member date of 97 on it not hers they did need my SSN to add me on her account back then.

Message 8 of 10
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, what's the APR you recieved for the USAA Amex? Keep up the good work.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 9 of 10
riohyannisny

The highest of all my cards actually 25.9% w/ 0% for a year. I pay my balances in full every month so its not that important to me but my Citi Thank You gave me 12.9% fixed but a $1000 CL. I spend that in a few days on my card of choice so I only use the cards with the  highest limits. So far I have just used my Zinc which has never been denied with no NPSL. I have charged up to 8K on it in a given month or I use the AMEX Blue. Now I will play with the USAA Cards a bit too. Smiley Happy I learned after my mistakes years ago never to charge more than I can pay off immediatly and also have savings for emergencies. CC's should not be used for those either. Just save your money!!!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.