Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for a AMEX BCE!!! Wow!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for a AMEX BCE!!! Wow!

Congrats!  As for asking for a CLI, I would not at this point ask for a CLI at activation.  While they were giving those out last year it looks like Amex has returned to requiring you to wait 61 days to ask (not 91) for one.

Message 31 of 45
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@KSK1912 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@KSK1912 wrote:

Congrats! Awesome approval with a nice SL Rose. You know that card will it $25K in no time right? Did you not want to add a chare card to your approval?

Thanks KSK1912!  What is a chare card?

Sorry i meant charge card, from amex.

KSK1912  lol glad that was a typo, I thought that was something new on the market.  I have Hilton and Delta.  I just could never seal the deal with BCE.

Ok then you don't need the charge card. I saw on your earlier post that you are putting the Dillard's Amex on the chopping block? You know i have this card too, and has a high balance now, as soon as i pay it off, going in the SD. I just can't bring myself to close a $5K card as it is my highest limit right now.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 32 of 45
pa850
Regular Contributor

Congratulations.  I love this card.  What an amazing SL!

Message 33 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!  As for asking for a CLI, I would not at this point ask for a CLI at activation.  While they were giving those out last year it looks like Amex has returned to requiring you to wait 61 days to ask (not 91) for one.

Thanks Irish80.  And I got the 91 day Discover CLI timeframe mixed up, lol!  I can definitely wait the 61 days.  

Message 34 of 45
ddemari
Super Contributor

Congrats on your new Amex! That's a great starting limit. Enjoy!
Message 35 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KSK1912 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@KSK1912 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@KSK1912 wrote:

Congrats! Awesome approval with a nice SL Rose. You know that card will it $25K in no time right? Did you not want to add a chare card to your approval?

KSK1912  lol glad that was a typo, I thought that was something new on the market.  I have Hilton and Delta.  I just could never seal the deal with BCE.

Ok then you don't need the charge card. I saw on your earlier post that you are putting the Dillard's Amex on the chopping block? You know i have this card too, and has a high balance now, as soon as i pay it off, going in the SD. I just can't bring myself to close a $5K card as it is my highest limit right now.

KSK1912 yes I remember our convo about us having Dillards Amex.  MY card hasnt taken off, still at the same SL, and was shocked when I got denied a CLI.  I put a lot of charges on the card and paid extremely well.  At the time I asked for a CLI my TU was sitting at 720 and it was a NO, not a partial increase, but a NO and to add insult to injury, I had to deal with a HP.  I'm never asking for another CLI and I refuse to hold on to a 2K card that gives me 10% off  on a days worth of purchases after I spend $2K.  I haven't used it for a few months now and I will close it in May. I just had to rid myself of 12 Comenity accounts first before they could conduct a audit and judge my inquiries and start their craziness of closing accounts.  

Your card has grown and there is no reason for you to close your account.  I recall you bank with them and you give them a lot of business too.  And I can understand, who would want to close there highest CL card.  I know I would not.  But as your scores climb and credit flood gates open, lol you might have a change of heart.   Take care!

Message 36 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pa850 wrote:

Congratulations.  I love this card.  What an amazing SL!

pa850. Thanks!  I've always wanted this card and it feels really good to get the approval. 

Message 37 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:
Congrats on your new Amex! That's a great starting limit. Enjoy!

Thanks ddemari I will enjoy my Amex BCE

BTW, I'm closing my Overton account the end of the month and drum roll  Barneys in June.  I will be FREE of Comenity cards👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼.  I recall that I apped after you had for Overton lol!  I have a 80.00 cash reward and I'm struggling to find something to buy at Overton.  Now that's when you know it's time to rid yourself of a card when you can't even use  the perks that come with it.😅😅. Well at least it was a SP to open and 16.9 interest rate, lol! 

Message 38 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grats!
Message 39 of 45
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@KSK1912 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@KSK1912 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@KSK1912 wrote:

KSK1912 yes I remember our convo about us having Dillards Amex.  MY card hasnt taken off, still at the same SL, and was shocked when I got denied a CLI.  I put a lot of charges on the card and paid extremely well.  At the time I asked for a CLI my TU was sitting at 720 and it was a NO, not a partial increase, but a NO and to add insult to injury, I had to deal with a HP.  I'm never asking for another CLI and I refuse to hold on to a 2K card that gives me 10% off  on a days worth of purchases after I spend $2K.  I haven't used it for a few months now and I will close it in May. I just had to rid myself of 12 Comenity accounts first before they could conduct a audit and judge my inquiries and start their craziness of closing accounts.  

Your card has grown and there is no reason for you to close your account.  I recall you bank with them and you give them a lot of business too.  And I can understand, who would want to close there highest CL card.  I know I would not.  But as your scores climb and credit flood gates open, lol you might have a change of heart.   Take care!

You're right i bank with them. But after 18 months, heavy usage and $300K thru my checking account last year, they still did not graduate my secured WF card. So my scores right now are fico720's ( long way from 500's just 8/9 months ago) and i did get a few better cards, and a better understanding of credit. Now i know more is not necessarily better as far as the number of cards i have! So just an hour ago, first time in my life, i closed a cc account, cap one secured is gone! Now it's time WF, not only will i close the secured card, i also decided to move all my banking to my local CU after they refinanced my car loan (from 27.99% to 3%). SO the Dillard's card will be my only relation with WF and that's only until i get my other cards to $5K+ limits and it will be bye bye WF.  

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.