cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for a BOFA customized cash rewards card

tag
CyberMaster

Approved for a BOFA customized cash rewards card

I received a 'selected' not pre-approved mail advertisement that said 0% for months then 14-28% variable afterwards with a 200.00 free cash bonus after spending 1,000.00 in 3 months. Put in the code and got approved for a 9k limit. Message on bofa site then said card in the mail 7-10 days. I researched this site with others about the odds of actually being approved for a CL. It had the 'firm offer' wording. I figure it will or won't be accepted and only one way to find out was to type in my info then click send. I wasn't sure what to put in for 'position', listing as self employed, so selected the closest option. After clicking submit it returned with approved for $9,000.00. Great. I've never misse a payment and pay my cards in full.  My experian score with only 2.6 years history is 768. This is my 3rd card in the past 2 months for total of 3 new cards in 2 years(other was 14k and newer 9.4k is also on the way). My Equifax score is currently 790 and my Transunion score is 781. 84k year salary with $1.800.00(until paid in full next Friday). I know my credit is young and currently, before these 2 new cards on the way report, updating my credit line info., my CLI is $34k. What are my odds of finding 1 or more approved for card/s and if good, whom is recommended?

Thanks either way. :-)

35 REPLIES 35
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: Approved for a BOFA customized cash rewards card

Congrats on the approval!

Message 2 of 36
Bill77
Regular Contributor

Congrats!  If you don't have one already, I would try get a 2% CB card in your aresenal.  The 2% PayPal Mastercard is known to be easier for approvals and has a 3% kicker when making PayPal purchases.  Any other card companies, I would wait at least another few months because of your 2 recent inquiries and young file.

Message 3 of 36
Who_wuda_thought
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your BofA CCR approval! 🎉🎊🍾

If you're feeling lucky, you can apply for a different add'l BofA card and if within 30 days, it will not incur add'l HP.  I did this, same day within a couple of hours.  Received same SL on both card approvals.  My intent w/2nd card is to eventually product change (when eligible) to another Customized Cash Rewards card.

Scores as of April 4, 2024:

Message 4 of 36
CyberMaster

Hi there.  There are a lot of results on my Internet search for "CB credit card". I presume you mean Citizens Bank? 🙂

Message 5 of 36
Who_wuda_thought
Frequent Contributor

@CyberMaster 

I think @Bill77  is referring to a "2% cash back credit card".

@CyberMaster wrote:

Hi there.  There are a lot of results on my Internet search for "CB credit card". I presume you mean Citizens Bank? 🙂

Message 6 of 36
CyberMaster

Hey there! Well that's a Cool 👍  idea since it's only been about 12 hours yet and wouldn't incure another HP(hits on credit for hard checking/pulling right?). 😎

Message 7 of 36
Who_wuda_thought
Frequent Contributor

@CyberMaster 

Yes, that is right 😁🤩...no additional hard pull.  There's really no downside or risk (see ETA below).  Only BofA will know you app'd for add'l card.

And the other thing you can do, if desired, after receiving the cards, is have the CL's reallocated between the 2 cards if it matches up with your monthly spending better (to assist with individual card utilization).  I took this option to increase the limit on my CCR a little, since I was approved at such a low (practically unusable) SL.  Others on this forum have done the same.

**ETA** IMPORTANT CORRECTION

There actually IS a downside.  An additional BofA card 'approved' right now will in fact reduce your AAoA further.  That is certainly something to keep in mind, with a younger file.  But it will age along with the one you just got, so it won't push out Age of Youngest Revolving Account scoring metric.

Message 8 of 36
CyberMaster

@Who_wuda_thought @Bill77  I was thinking at least another %2 cash back and or with another joining bonus like this, my Chase and AME did. If eligible  For 1 or 2 new cards, I don't wanta hurt my credit and so these matter because I will not be applying for more credit until the end of the application of the last card which is another 2 years later. We'll see how my credit looks then?  Maybe in 10 years I'll be like the big boys with the big cards! 🙂😃😄😁😎

Message 9 of 36
CyberMaster

Ohhhh, I get it now.. Cash Back! 🤣

Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.