Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for a goal card!

tag
Credit_Master
Regular Contributor

Approved for a goal card!

Hi everyone,

I applied and was approved tonight for a Penfed PCR card. It has been a goal card since my BK7 discharge in April 2021. Guess it is time to close my two secured cards as this new card will be my daily driver moving forward. Time to garden for a while now. Thanks to everyone who posted their PCR approvals post BK. 

Credit_Master

Current Cards

Goal Cards

Total CL $77,100
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Approved for a goal card!

Congrats on your PenFed PCR Approval!

Message 2 of 27
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@Credit_Master wrote:

Hi everyone,

I applied and was approved tonight for a Penfed PCR card. It has been a goal card since my BK7 discharge in April 2021. Guess it is time to close my two secured cards as this new card will be my daily driver moving forward. Time to garden for a while now. Thanks to everyone who posted their PCR approvals post BK. 

Credit_Master

CONGRATS !!!!!

I have been posting for the last month or so that Penfed seems to approve this card easier right now. I got mine early december with a bk7 showing and other bk's have also been approved

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 3 of 27
AMJ50
Contributor

I applied and was accepted for the Gold card two months ago. Everyone said it was the easiest card to get.But, now I feel like I left the best cards on the table.

Message 4 of 27
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AMJ50 wrote:

I applied and was accepted for the Gold card two months ago. Everyone said it was the easiest card to get.But, now I feel like I left the best cards on the table.

The PenFed Gold card is more of a BT card. So no real rewards.

I personally have the Power Cash Rewards and The Platinum Rewards

Message 5 of 27
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@AMJ50 wrote:

I wouldnt look at it as a negative. its a foot in the door. if you use the account well im sure more cards with them are on the horizon.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 6 of 27
mgood
Valued Contributor

Congrats! That's a great card to have.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 19
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 7 of 27
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@Credit_Master wrote:

Hi everyone,

Credit_Master

Congrats!    I noticed you also have an Andrews FCU Visa card.   Is that secured or unsecured?   When were you able to get it?

Message 8 of 27
Reviewers
Established Contributor

@Credit_Master I wouldn't close a card but congratulations on the PenFed PCR approval which was your goal card! Happy you met that goal.

Message 9 of 27
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

Wow, that's quite a lineup of cards with a bankruptcy that's not even a year old. Congrats!

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.