Grats on the PCR Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 27
Credit_Master
Regular Contributor

Re: Approved for a goal card!

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@Credit_Master wrote:

Hi everyone,

I applied and was approved tonight for a Penfed PCR card. It has been a goal card since my BK7 discharge in April 2021. Guess it is time to close my two secured cards as this new card will be my daily driver moving forward. Time to garden for a while now. Thanks to everyone who posted their PCR approvals post BK. 

Credit_Master

CONGRATS !!!!!

I have been posting for the last month or so that Penfed seems to approve this card easier right now. I got mine early december with a bk7 showing and other bk's have also been approved

Your post is what finally made me decide to pull the trigger. Thanks to everyone who applied for this card with a BK and shared their datapoints. I just added my DPs to my approval thread.

Credit_Master

Current Cards

Goal Cards

Total CL $77,100
Message 12 of 27
Credit_Master
Regular Contributor

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

@Credit_Master wrote:

Hi everyone,

I applied and was approved tonight for a Penfed PCR card. It has been a goal card since my BK7 discharge in April 2021. Guess it is time to close my two secured cards as this new card will be my daily driver moving forward. Time to garden for a while now. Thanks to everyone who posted their PCR approvals post BK. 

Credit_Master

Congrats!    I noticed you also have an Andrews FCU Visa card.   Is that secured or unsecured?   When were you able to get it?

Hi CH-7-Rebuilding,

It is the secured version. It was my second card behind the Opensky. I was looking for cards I could get approved for with no credit check. Unfortunately the card will no graduate as I have confirmed this with the credit union. I plan on closing both of these now as I could use the money elsewhere and don't want it tied up anymore. Opensky of course has an AF but the Andrew's card does not. It was a very smooth process to get the card and their customer service has been top notch on the few ocassions I have had to call them. Very friendly and helpful. They seem like a great credit union but none of their products interest me with my spend. I may hold on to the savings account just in case I need them in the future.

Credit_Master

Current Cards

Goal Cards

Total CL $77,100
Message 13 of 27
Credit_Master
Regular Contributor

@Reviewers wrote:

@Credit_Master I wouldn't close a card but congratulations on the PenFed PCR approval which was your goal card! Happy you met that goal.

Thank you Reviewers. I am definitely closing the Opensky as it as served its purpose and the annual fee is about to it. I put $500 down for the secured Andrew's card and can use that money elsewhere since the credit union confirmed that this card will not graduate.

Credit_Master

Current Cards

Goal Cards

Total CL $77,100
Message 14 of 27
Credit_Master
Regular Contributor

@Anonymalous wrote:

Wow, that's quite a lineup of cards with a bankruptcy that's not even a year old. Congrats!

Thank you Anonymalous. This forum has been extremely helpful in my rebuild. The amount of knowledge I have gained from reading these forums is invaluable. The hardest part in rebuilding for me as been trying to control my urges to apply for cards. I was going to wait until July to apply for this card but I kept seeing approvals with BK less than a year old and my urge got the best of me. Figured if I was denied I would found out the reason and then reapply like I was going to in July.

Credit_Master

Current Cards

Goal Cards

Total CL $77,100
Message 15 of 27
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your PenFed PCR new Approval!!

Message 16 of 27
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on your PenFed PCR Approval!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 17 of 27
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your PenFed approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 18 of 27
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Power Cash approval 👍🏼

Message 19 of 27
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!  This was my first card with them as well.  They're great to work with!!

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.