cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for another Amex Gold Card - no popup about bonus?

tag
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Approved for another Amex Gold Card - no popup about bonus?

I closed my Amex PRG earlier this year, and with the new earning structure I decided to sign back up to the card.

I was expecting the popup saying I wasn't eligible for the signup bonus as I've had it before, and would have proceeded with the application anyway, but I didn't get it.

Is it safe to assume I'll get the signup bonus?

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Approved for another Amex Gold Card - no popup about bonus?

Congrats. If you had the card before i doubt it but give them a call to verify.
Message 2 of 4
CreditJim
Established Contributor

I thought Amex proactively tells you if you’re not eligible for the bonus during the application?
Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, they typically do in a variety of circumstances. It also depends on how you applied (i.e. incognito, referral, mailer without restriction, etc.)

Best to confirm with them directly to determine whether or not you'll get the SUB.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.