Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for cli but have a question

tag
Mayn
Regular Contributor

Approved for cli but have a question

I logged in to cap 1 for luv. Qs1 was offered a bump from 600-1850, 1250 increase. Take it or wait? I've heard some say wait it out for larger. Yay or nay? Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for cli but have a question

I'd take it, cause things happen and it could always go the other way too.

Message 2 of 8
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

I think the 'wait' is for small CLI...like a couple hundred dollars. You've just tripled your credit limit. I think that's pretty good.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 3 of 8
Mayn
Regular Contributor

Ok thank you. I did end up taking it last night.
Message 4 of 8
blunderer
Established Contributor

WTG!!!

I think you made the right decision Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 8
Mayn
Regular Contributor

Thanks, j figured the same thing about the 3 x increase. Even though not as high as I wanted, still pretty good. If I get another 3x next time then I'll be happy. 6 more months lol.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I definitely think you did the right thing. I received one small ( 1k ) CLI on my QS after about 6mos, 15k to 16k ( I'm not complaining about my 15k SL!!! ). I have had my Spark Business card with them for 11 years and have never been granted a CLI (no missed payments and always PIF), but I don't put much spend on it because I have better rewards cards. The sole reason given for CLI denial is that I "do not use enough of current credit limit." So, in my experience, Cap One likes to see heavy usage.

Message 7 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on taking the increase!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.