Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for my 1st NFCU CC!

tag
pgates
Regular Contributor

Approved for my 1st NFCU CC!

After reading the forum i was able to get my foot in the door with NFCU! App'd for the CR card last night and was approved for $3500. Not a huge SL but its a start and Im in the door now. Looking forward to growing this card and eventually getting a second CC with them. 

-New member (less than 30 days)

- Set up small payroll Direct Deposit 

- Xferred $1000 into checking

Question: After 91/3 can one request the 1st CLI and and apply for a second CC at the same time? Or must one wait the 6 months to apply for the 2nd CC product?

AAFCU CB Sig Visa $8k | Wells Fargo Autograph Visa $5k | Citi Custom Cash $5k | Wells Fargo Active Cash $15k | GS Apple Card $7.5k | NFCU Cash Rewards $18.5k | NFCU More Rewards $1k | BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards $1K | Chase Amazon Prime Visa $5100 | Venmo Visa $5k | Sams Club MC $2.5k | GS GM Rewards card $3k | AMEX BCP $1k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover IT CB $3K | AMEX Business Cash $5k | Wells Fargo Business Platinum Rewards $5K | GM Business MC $8.5k | Phillips66 Conoco 76 Fleet Card $1k | Fuelman MC fleet card $5K | Exxon Mobile Fleet Card $9k
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Approved for my 1st NFCU CC!

@pgates wrote:

After reading the forum i was able to get my foot in the door with NFCU! App'd for the CR card last night and was approved for $3500. Not a huge SL but its a start and Im in the door now. Looking forward to growing this card and eventually getting a second CC with them. 

Question: After 91/3 can one request the 1st CLI and and apply for a second CC at the same time? Or must one wait the 6 months to apply for the 2nd CC product?

Big gratsSmiley Happy  when one starts off with $500 like me, $3500 is huge lolSmiley Wink

Yes after your 91/3 you can apply for a cli and a second card. Many suggest applying for 2nd card first so as not to reach your max limit with a possible cli first but I think you can try either or. My Naval belief is you get what they want to give so procrastinating doesn't really help anyone lolSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 22
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Hi pgates . . . welcome to myFICO family and congrats on your NFCU CC approval. 

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 3 of 22
pgates
Regular Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@pgates wrote:

Big gratsSmiley Happy  when one starts off with $500 like me, $3500 is huge lolSmiley Wink

Yes after your 91/3 you can apply for a cli and a second card. Many suggest applying for 2nd card first so as not to reach your max limit with a possible cli first but I think you can try either or. My Naval belief is you get what they want to give so procrastinating doesn't really help anyone lolSmiley Happy

@AverageJoesCredit Lol yes i guess you have a point there! Thanks for the info and the congrats! 

AAFCU CB Sig Visa $8k | Wells Fargo Autograph Visa $5k | Citi Custom Cash $5k | Wells Fargo Active Cash $15k | GS Apple Card $7.5k | NFCU Cash Rewards $18.5k | NFCU More Rewards $1k | BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards $1K | Chase Amazon Prime Visa $5100 | Venmo Visa $5k | Sams Club MC $2.5k | GS GM Rewards card $3k | AMEX BCP $1k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover IT CB $3K | AMEX Business Cash $5k | Wells Fargo Business Platinum Rewards $5K | GM Business MC $8.5k | Phillips66 Conoco 76 Fleet Card $1k | Fuelman MC fleet card $5K | Exxon Mobile Fleet Card $9k
Message 4 of 22
pgates
Regular Contributor

@babygirl1256 wrote:

Hi pgates . . . welcome to myFICO family and congrats on your NFCU CC approval. 

@babygirl1256 Hi! Thank you and thanks for the congrats!

Message 5 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@pgates wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@pgates wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit Lol yes i guess you have a point there! Thanks for the info and the congrats! 

Your welcome. Your journey has just begunSmiley Happy. You will be amazed how far you you can go. Most of us feel the Navy luv in regards to credit cards but I'm sure they can help in other areas if needed, in car, home, pl, cloc ,etc. No one banking institution has made me feel more like a valued member than Navy, and no matter what happens in the future, I'll forever be gratefulSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 22
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your Navy approval!!

Message 7 of 22
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@pgates wrote:

Congratulations. They're an excellent credit union.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 8 of 22
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU first card approval!! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 22
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.