Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for my first chase card!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for my first chase card!

I’ve been addicted to reading everyone posts since I discovered the myFICO forums. I decide last month (January ‘18) to start taking my credit seriously, I find ways to bring up my score, I was at 542. I opened a citi secured card in August ‘17 used it all the time and made payments on time never paid in full until my January statement. I didn’t know what bringing down my utilization would being up my score 113 points. After that I was motivated.

I decided to play for a capital one secure card and a discover secure card. Since I was reading that I needed 3 cards reporting to maximize my FICO Score. I received the cards and started using them slightly but still not on my CR.

I bank with chase, so on my chase app I always see a green check mark with credit card offers, never thought anything of it until I started to see posting on here about the green check mark will be a solid approval. After careful consideration I decided to apply for the slate card (didn’t think it was going to get approved, if I would of known I would of applied for freedom unlimited.), chase pull all 3 of my reports and I ended up with a 30 day message. The 30 day message changed to 7-10 days and I read on here that wasn’t a good sign and it was a denied. I decided to call and face the fact that I was denied, but when I called the CSR said they needed to verify my phone number and that’s why they didn’t have a decision for me yet. After he put the info in he saids I’m approved for a SL of 2,000. I kept my cool but I was so excited to finally see some reward for my hard work at building my credit.

Just wanted to share my story since I enjoy reading everyone’s journey!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for my first chase card!

Congrats on your hard work and approval! 

Message 2 of 11
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

nice job, you got the slate?

Message 3 of 11
ShatteredK
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on getting approved!
.:: AmEx Gold Delta | AmEx Blue Cash | Citi AAdvantage | Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa | Wells Fargo Platinum::.
02.15.18:
Today:
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah got the slate, but wondering if after a few months I can switch over to the freedom unlimited! 🤔
Message 5 of 11
jbsilva21
Regular Contributor

Congrats, but imho the regualar Freedom is worth a look if your are willing to work the categories. Also read up on the Chase Trifecta. Good info there for points.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
Yeah got the slate, but wondering if after a few months I can switch over to the freedom unlimited! 🤔

I’m not sure what the statute is for product changes (I found a graphic saying 12 months) however, the Freedom and Freedom Unlimited have minimum credit lines of $500. You were approved for $2K (congratulations). I’d say, you won’t be penalized for asking sooner but temper your expectations of a successful change in the event they deny it. Also, there are outliers to every rule.   Good luck  🍀.

154CF836-4437-41CF-9DEB-8ADC2F20451B.png

Message 7 of 11
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your rebuild success so far!

Message 8 of 11
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Congrats and keep on doing what your doing! 

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 9 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Well done! Looks like you are on your waySmiley Happy
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.