Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for my top faves.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for my top faves.

I applied for the amex ed and was declined a month ago. I had a collection that wouldn't go away and an experian score of 624.

My tu is about 761so I decided to apply for the marvel card. I was approved for 4k. I called cs and requested 15k. They countered with 10k. My highest card yet! .

The collection went away and my score jumped to 708! I tried the amex bce and was approved for 1k. Pretty sorry limit and i regretted applying. I decided to try again for the ed the next day and was placed in progress since i had just applied for the bce. 5 days later i was approved for 10k!!.my top cards. I'm still a little in shock. This is from someone who started rebuilding this January with a 521 and 18 collections! I'm done applying as I have all of the cardsthat i need!
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
toi34
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for my top faves.

This is GREAT! (Tony tha Tiger voice).

How did you get 18 collections deleted in 7 months???

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hit the Ground running. I used credit karma to dispute everything. . When one was deleted I disputed another. It helped that they were really old. This last one wouldn't budge from my experian. I disputed multiple times. Finally it dropped off!
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow.... congrats on your progress. That's awesome.

Message 4 of 19
MovinOnUp2014
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for the amex ed and was declined a month ago. I had a collection that wouldn't go away and an experian score of 624.

My tu is about 761so I decided to apply for the marvel card. I was approved for 4k. I called cs and requested 15k. They countered with 10k. My highest card yet! .

The collection went away and my score jumped to 708! I tried the amex bce and was approved for 1k. Pretty sorry limit and i regretted applying. I decided to try again for the ed the next day and was placed in progress since i had just applied for the bce. 5 days later i was approved for 10k!!.my top cards. I'm still a little in shock. This is from someone who started rebuilding this January with a 521 and 18 collections! I'm done applying as I have all of the cardsthat i need!

Congratulations on your success👏🏽

Discover I.T. (11k) - U.S. Bank Platinum (9k) - NASA (30k) - Venture (22K) - AMEX Delta Skymiles Gold (6k) -AMEX PRG (AU) plus a few CU CC's and Store Cards = 130k (roughly)
*Post 2010 llB*
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone!. And my apologies for the mistype. It was actually 10 collections
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

wow 86 points increase from just ONE collection???? that's HUGE! Can you give more details on that last one? I'm trying to guesstimate what my score would be. I have 3 collection on my experian 1 was from 2010 for $590, 1 from 2015 for $1500+ and most recent from 2016 for $4000+. I got a deal with the one from 2016 and they will be deleting it this coming week. My score right now is at 650 and wont go up Smiley Sad I wonder how much that will affect my score. 

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure. It was an old cellphone bill from over 10 years ago. I noticed that with Equifax and tu also. As collections were deleted i only lost a couple points. When there were zero collections they rose around 50-60 points.
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow I see - so I need to get rid of ALL collection, which is a hard battle coz there's one that's from 2010 and falling off next year and the 2015 is a long story and long battle Im trying to go through. Ugh - was hoping I can see better ending with this.. guess I have to wait a bit longer.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a tough battle but totally worth it. I'm glad i stuck with it. I disputed because these were old collections that were being bounced from one agency to another. I hadn't touched anything relating to credit in over 9 years. Cash only
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.