Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for the Wells Fargo Propel AmEx

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for the Wells Fargo Propel AmEx

I have gone on my first little app spree since rebuilding my credit. In the last week I have gotten approved for Arival and SouthWest chase card. I really wanted to get an Amex as well and have an app pending for the green charge card. I couldn't take waiting anymore and thought I would app for one last card. I have a secured card with Wells Fargo so I decide to see what they had to offer. Immediately the propel Amex caught my eye. I decided to give it a shot. After what seamed like 20 minutes the wheel stopped spinning. Approved!!! It doesn't say a SL yet but It should show up on my online account soon. Does this mean I get a member date with Amex?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for the Wells Fargo Propel AmEx

Congrats Smiley Happy anyways , which CRA that they pulled you ? 

Message 2 of 17
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 17
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! It's not a true AMEX card. They just use AMEX for processing that card. Also AMEX no longer back dates member since date any longer.
Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jimmy420 wrote:

Congrats Smiley Happy anyways , which CRA that they pulled you ? 

Thank you! I'm not sure yet which CRA they pulled. I believe its EX but I will let you know as soon as I see an alert for the INQ.I was kinda half asleep when I applied lastnight and it didn't give much detail on the approval. I called this morning to check the SL and interest rate but was told their system was down and to give them a call back in an hour.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldnmn wrote:
Congrats! It's not a true AMEX card. They just use AMEX for processing that card. Also AMEX no longer back dates member since date any longer.

Thats what I figured. Oh well, one day I will get my hands on a true AmEx haha. Untill then this will do. When did they stop back dating member dates? I must have been in the garden for to long and missed that haha.

Message 6 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Thats what I figured. Oh well, one day I will get my hands on a true AmEx haha. Untill then this will do. When did they stop back dating member dates? I must have been in the garden for to long and missed that haha.

They stopped March 2015. 

If you have history with Amex/Centurion they will still reflect the "old" date on your physical card and when you log in to the website, but the actual date you open the account will be reflected on the credit bureau reports, not the 'back date'.  Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 17
TitaniumCash
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on your approval. I recently did a product change from WF Propel 365 to the Propel card and got approved. I figured $45 a year is not worth it, so I downgraded to a no AF version. Which one did you get?

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TitaniumCash wrote:

Congratulations on your approval. I recently did a product change from WF Propel 365 to the Propel card and got approved. I figured $45 a year is not worth it, so I downgraded to a no AF version. Which one did you get?

I just went for the no AF version. I figured the rewards werent great enough to justify the $45 a year. I have a secured card with WF as well,  now I can close that out. I'm pretty happy with Wells Fargo and am even considering switching my banking to them. My bank U.S. Bank just declined my application and when I called to recon the lady was pretty rude and said because I have two degros that I would never get a U.S. Bank credit card untill they fall off. I cant hold anything agienst them for their decsion but I'm probably going to close my secured card with them and move all of my accounts to Wells Fargo.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also just found out I did get the balance transfer offer too! 0% for 15/mo and a 3% balance transfer charge. I may transfer over the only balance I carry from another card just to get some spending through it.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.