cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for two new credit cards, should I stop for now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for two new credit cards, should I stop for now?

I was approved this month for two different credit cards, FNBO Amex for $6k and a local credit union, VISA, (who just started issuing credit cards) for $10k.

I have been an authorized signer on all of my husbands credit cards for years, but thought it time that I get my "own" credit.  We have about $50k in credit before I started.  I get my "scores" through USAA's credit monitoring program with Experian:  Experian 765, Equifax 746, TransUnion 765.  I know these scores aren't "real" and I'm not too sure how much stock I should place in them.

I have been receiving several offers from CITI for the Thank You card and was wondering if I should apply.  The FNBO did a hard pull on Experian and the credit union on Equifax.  Or, do I just sit back for a while?

I do look around this forum and I'm not very savvy, just trying to figure out this whole credit thing.  Any responses would be helpful.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Approved for two new credit cards, should I stop for now?

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved this month for two different credit cards, FNBO Amex for $6k and a local credit union, VISA, (who just started issuing credit cards) for $10k.

I have been an authorized signer on all of my husbands credit cards for years, but thought it time that I get my "own" credit.  We have about $50k in credit before I started.  I get my "scores" through USAA's credit monitoring program with Experian:  Experian 765, Equifax 746, TransUnion 765.  I know these scores aren't "real" and I'm not too sure how much stock I should place in them.

I have been receiving several offers from CITI for the Thank You card and was wondering if I should apply.  The FNBO did a hard pull on Experian and the credit union on Equifax.  Or, do I just sit back for a while?

I do look around this forum and I'm not very savvy, just trying to figure out this whole credit thing.  Any responses would be helpful.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums!!!!

You have 2 nice bankcards I would add just 1 store account. I would recommend GECRB. They have retail cards from:

Old Navy

JCPenney

Walmart

Amazon

Lowes

Sam's Club

hhgregg

Just to name a few. They are VERY generous in CLI's you can request one every 4 months and it's only a SP. FICO scoring likes to see a least 3 credit cards reporting.

GECRB is also a big TU puller so that may help you as well.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 4
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

I recommend you go straight to USAA website and apply for their Afiiliate Card Wounded Warrior AMEX. I bet you will get approved for 6000 to 12000 instantly. Even if you are a partial member (that's what I got).

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be okay with one more, but i wouldnt wait long. You don't want the new accounts to show up first.  I would recommend the Walmart card.  With your scores you will likely get the Discover.  It pretty much always pulls Transunion, and whether you get the store card or the Discover, they give you a montly Transunion Fico score.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.