Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps Spree.. 4 Approve/1 Denied

tag
Enhasa

Re: Apps Spree.. 4 Approve/1 Denied

@Phizzle wrote:
The timeframe for them to "count as one" depends on the bureau. They do in fact show as seperate inquiries on your report. The idea of them counting as one is actually more for scoring purposes. If a certain bank rejects because of X number of inquiries on your file, then it will make no difference if they were in a certain timeframe.

omg... Smiley Indifferent

that means my chances of getting amex (or cards from any inquiry sensitive banks) is pretty much screwed?

how is getting an auto loan (or mortage) is supposed to help with my credit score if they're instead screwing me over with this many inquiries?

and i suppose i can't just call the dealership or bmw and tell them i'm paying in full now for them to take the inquiries off right? -_-

i could have paid in full for the car. i got financing for the minimum amount because it was supposedly going to help my credit score. looks like it's doing quite the opposite right now.

Message 11 of 33
Phizzle
New Contributor

Inquiries matter to banks because it shows the possibility that you are actively seeking credit; therefore, you may have had credit extended to you recently. Since there is no law that requires creditors to report, you may have credit lines open and not reported. Some banks take inquiries more seriously than others. Typically, after a year they don't have much impact.

I wouldn't count yourself out because of the auto inquiries. Though an automated system may reject you, a bank who allows their humans to overturn decisions will definitely understand rate shopping.

Unfortunately, this is not uncommon from car dealers.

Message 12 of 33
Enhasa

anyone knows what's the success rate with amex usually?

do they geniunely review recons like chase does? or it's just pretty much a flat out rejection most of the time unless theres errors in the CR? :/

Thanks a lot!

Message 13 of 33
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

@Sabrian31487 wrote:

Only card I had before this was Capital one Secured card 5 months (316.00 Limit) and 3 year old Badcock Loan for 1500.00..

Walmart Store Card (400.00)

OneStopPlus.com Store Card (750.00 Checkout trick/No Pull)

Discover IT (1000.00)

Chase Freedom (3000.00)

Denied

Citi Simplicity 

Being Denied is my sign that my app spree is over for a while. 

Keith

Congratulations!!  Some very good cards in there!!  Nice Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 14 of 33
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@Enhasa wrote:

anyone knows what's the success rate with amex usually?

do they geniunely review recons like chase does? or it's just pretty much a flat out rejection most of the time unless theres errors in the CR? :/

Thanks a lot!

I cannot speak of what the success rate is but I can tell you that I app'd for the AMEX Delta and got a denial, I immediatley logged  in and app'd for the AMEX Green and was approved. I then went to the "check status" page and saw I was approved for both cards.

*8/10/13
Message 15 of 33
Enhasa

wow nice!

does the green and gold have the same underwriting requirements? or is the gold harder to get?

should i first apply for the gold, then apply for bcp/bce?

how do u login to amex after applying? did u make an account prior to that or u just retrieved the app and re-did another one?

Thanks!

Message 16 of 33
dodfire
Valued Contributor

I did not create an account until after I had been approved. After getting the denial message for the Delta Sky Miles Card I just went back to the home page and applied for the Green Charge Card. It is my understanding (from reading the forums) that the green charge card is easier to get because it is not revolving. Again, this is just my interpretation from reading on here. 

I got an instant approval for the Green Charge card. I then went to https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do this site to check the status because I was surprised to see the approval. It was then that I saw the approval for BOTH cards.

*8/10/13
Message 17 of 33
Enhasa

do u mind telling me about ur scores, inquiries and if there were any baddies when u applied? just want more info so i know my odds.

thanks!

Message 18 of 33
dodfire
Valued Contributor

FICO 648 I had 3 inquiries that same week it had been 4 months since my last inquiries before that. My most recent negative was late payment 2 years ago. I have no charge offs or collections. My utilization was at 21% when I applied. 

*8/10/13
Message 19 of 33
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

@Enhasa wrote:

I recently applied for a car loan.

Much to my surprise, the dealership pulled an inquiry. Chase, BMW Financial, Bank of America, Citi all pulled inquiries too.

Does that all count as separate inquiries? Smiley Sad

I am still pretty pissed about it.....I was told that dealerships usually try to get loans from the manufacturer's financing division first, and if I don't qualify, then they contact the other banks to see if anyone else wants to finance. I ended up getting 0.9APR from BMW financial, so there was really zero need for my dealership to submit an app with chase, citi and BOA........guessing they got lazy and decided to all submit it together in one go.

Now.......I'm interested in applying for amex and chase freedom (i already have a chase amazon card though).......does this mean it's a bad idea since i've 5 inquiries in the last month? 

For my car loan, I just wanted to improve my credit score mostly. I paid 58k cash, and financed 10k (minimum amount they required). Loan duration is for 2 years.

I believe all your car loan inquiries should count as one inquiry if they were all pulled in a 30 day period.

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.