Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appvd Chase AMZN Prime Reward - odd SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Appvd Chase AMZN Prime Reward - odd SL

I applied (with a current 697 EX FICO) for the card and was (to my surprise) instantly approved.

I got an email from Amazon about 3 minutes after applying telling me/welcoming me to the card. In that email it stated my SL was 5,000 and an APR of 16.24. ..: quite good in my opinion and better than I was expecting (my highest CL card is/was my BofA Cash Rewards card at $5,500 CL— most all of my other cards; Discover, Chase FU, Amex Cash Magnet, etc are all in the $2,500 to $3,000+/- range)

An hour later, I logged into Chase online (I have their Chase FU with a CL if $3000 which hasn’t changed from my SL; card is almost 2 years only now) ... but ... now on my Chase Online it says my SL/CL is $8,100 and still 16.24%

I didn’t ask Chase for a CLI between the time I applied via the AMZN app..

So.. I’m wondering if: a) this is normal, b) the additional $3,100 of credit will somehow be taken away c) will this result in some kind of AMEX-like AR? d) I have to or should do something like call Chase about this?

Anyone have insights?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Appvd Chase AMZN Prime Reward - odd SL

Congrats! I've heard of this happening before with other people so I wouldn't be too worried.
Message 2 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No, this happens to a few chosen people. Very nice limit and for Chase, outstanding aprSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Very common as amazon highest they will show is 5k, but approvals can go way beyond that.. Just like the new Amex Amazon business card they show temp limit of 2500 for most and limits far exceed that.  For safety reasons I assume.

Congrats on the best APR for that card and nice CL..  I just cancelled mine due to switching to business amex amazon card, but it certainly got a ton of use the approx 2 years i had it!!  Nice card for amazon people Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 12
joltdude
Senior Contributor

That happens with Chase Amazon approvals.. unfortunately I was not one of those chosen people...

-J

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Similar thing happened to me with my Chase amazon. Email stated my SL was 5k but when I logged on it was 13.5k!. I was shocked.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same happened to me. Showed 5k in email, much higher when I logged into Chase.
Message 7 of 12
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 12
Hex
Valued Contributor

$5K is the minimum needed for the signature version. My speculation is it’s a placeholder amount when you are approved for the signature version. It happened to my DD too.
Message 9 of 12
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Hex, all of the Amazon Prime cards are signature cards, even those with $500 limits.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.