Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April Fool's App Spree - Approved x4 - NFCU, US Bank, Chase, Barclay

tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

April Fool's App Spree - Approved x4 - NFCU, US Bank, Chase, Barclay

So I figured I'd go for a little April Fool's Day app spree.  Odd enough, I only had one instant approval, and it wasn't from the lender I expected.

I've wanted to get an NFCU card for a while, mainly because they have great BT offers from time to time.   However, their lineup hasn't been too appealing to me until cashRewards had their spend offer ($100 for $500 spend).   I applied and got the 24 hr message.   The next day, I got a message that simply said "approved".   Today, I finally got the details...$25K SL and 10.9% APR.

I received a targeted offer for US Bank Cash 365 with a $150 offer for $500 spend and a 15 month 0% APR on purchases and BTs.   So I decided to accept.  Instant approval, $11K SL.  

I've also been interested in the Chase Amazon since they annouced they will be offering special financing options.   I want to see how it works out and then eventually close my Amazon Store card, mainly to shrink my exposure with Sync.  I applied from Amazon in order to get the $70 Amazon GC offer.   I got the 2 week message.   I remembered late yesterday that my Freedom app was held for ID verification, so I figured I'd call in this morning to see if that happened for Chase Amazon.  It did.   Once they sent me a text and I confirmed it, they advised that I was approved for $7300.   

Since I completely wanted to thrash TU, I also figured I'd try for a CLI on my BoA BBR cards.   Unfortunately, I seem to have hit a credit ceiling with BoA, so they did a reallocation instead of a CLI.    didn't like their results, so I called in to have the CLs readjusted, which they were able to do for an SP.   So I wasted an HP, but at least it will age off when the others do.  At least I had the sense to request after the other requests were submitted.  Smiley Indifferent

And to further thrash TU--and out of my frustration with my Marvel Mastercard--I decided to jump on the Barclay Uber.  Instant approval for $9K.  

Pulls:   TU (NFCU, US Bank, BoA, Barclay); EX (Chase)

Income:  $58K

FICO scores at time of apps:  TU08 - 806; EX08 - 808

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
14 REPLIES 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: April Fool's App Spree - 3X Approved - NFCU, US Bank, Chase

Congrats SunriseSmiley Happy Amazing sl from NavySmiley Happy
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Nice Navy SL.

Message 3 of 15
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your nice run of approvals there!

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice approvals SRE! Congrats! 

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: April Fool's App Spree - Approved x3 - NFCU, US Bank, Chase

SunriseEarth the only global warming I see is that you are HOT! Yes, remember to "strike while the iron is hot" and you sure did. Congrats Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great day for you. Congrats.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your successful spree!!
Nice pick ups
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the nice pickups.

"Since I completely wanted to thrash TU, I also figured I'd try for a CLI on my BoA BBR cards"

Hahaha! Awesome.
Message 9 of 15
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Congrats! Time well spent, and HP's well spent.

Robot Very Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.