Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are these real preapprovals - Update Approved

tag
aesl1982
Regular Contributor

Are these real preapprovals - Update Approved

So this is an exiting day for my credit journey as i hit the pre qual for a "real" credit card vs my subprime cards. wondering if these are real preapprovals here for discover. also maybe advice on whice one is better. we do travel about 3 times a year, cruise vegas and then a week trip random next year is reno.  we also have a high monthly spend of about 5k on groceries gas and everyday items than i can run through a card as well. all three also have a match all chasback/ miles at end of first year

Discover it cash back says 0 intro apr for 14 months on purchases then 24.99 standard variable purchase apr will apply 

discover it chrome the intrest notes are same as above

discover it miles the intrest notes are same as above

Discover it miles 9/19 Sl 5000 | Care Credit 9/19 SL 3500 | Cap 1 QS 4/14 AU 500 | Cap 1 QS1 4/14 AU 600 | NFCU Secured 8/19 200 | NFCU CLOC 9/19 500 | NFCU auto 10/19 6.29 66k | NFCU Auto 4.9% 37k
Experian- 702
Equifax- 676
Transunion- 611
Util- 9%
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Are these real preapprovals

Discover prequals are usually solid with an occasional denial here and there. Good luckSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 26
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@aesl1982 wrote:

wondering if these are real preapprovals here for discover.

Discover it cash back says 0 intro apr for 14 months on purchases then 24.99 standard variable purchase apr will apply 

discover it chrome the intrest notes are same as above

discover it miles the intrest notes are same as above

Hard to say:

I got this same offer but only on the cash back and gas&restaurant.  I called and spoke to a rep. who said I didn't qualify as I still had to meet my one year criteria from coming off a secured to unsecured card.  So that's next month. But the offer is there: glad I didn't jump on it just yet.

The one thing the csr told me yesterday was to wait for the mail offer.  Both my ds's get them; I do not. One does not have the solid apr....so there is a difference in their offers.  

Just wanted to share the part about me not being qualified and still getting two pre-qualified online offers.  That's all.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 26
aesl1982
Regular Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Discover prequals are usually solid with an occasional denial here and there. Good luckSmiley Happy

blah says need to verify some information, uploaded bank statement fo addres verification. low balance i dont keep money in that bank i had quick access to statement. my dl doesnt match my address so couldnt go that route. after upload got a message to call for immediate review of my documents. called in was quick verfication with a nice lady then placed me on hold for 2-3 minutes to go over application. and..... Credit Limit of $5000 WOW i dont even have 5000 of total credit in my account.

Discover it miles 9/19 Sl 5000 | Care Credit 9/19 SL 3500 | Cap 1 QS 4/14 AU 500 | Cap 1 QS1 4/14 AU 600 | NFCU Secured 8/19 200 | NFCU CLOC 9/19 500 | NFCU auto 10/19 6.29 66k | NFCU Auto 4.9% 37k
Experian- 702
Equifax- 676
Transunion- 611
Util- 9%
Message 4 of 26
GApeachy
Super Contributor

OMG, that is so AWESOME!!!!!!!  Congratulations!  You scared me at first thinking...dang denial.  But YAY You!!!!

Message 5 of 26
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Hey, which card did you get?

Message 6 of 26
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

A Big Congrats!,  on yer $5K  ..sorry I had to chuckle reading thatSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Disco sometimes likes to give the big SLs! Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 26
aesl1982
Regular Contributor

I went with the discover it miles card
Experian- 702
Equifax- 676
Transunion- 611
Util- 9%
Message 9 of 26
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Cool....now you can really enjoy those trips.

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.