Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask and you will be given ! (BofA CLI)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ask and you will be given ! (BofA CLI)

My Better balance card hit 7 months today. Logged into BofA site and got the CLI button. Thanks to Myfico, learnt it was TU HP which I was OK with (my EX is frozen).

Existing limit was 6.5K and for the heck of it, asked 15K (what can go wrong, they'll counter, right?)...to my surprise I was approved for full 15K Smiley Happy

"Congratulations! Your credit line has been approved.
Your new total credit line is $15,000.00 with a cash credit line of $1,500.00 and is available for immediate use.

Use your available credit to transfer balances from other creditors online today."

Thanks BofA !

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Ask and you will be given ! (BofA CLI)

Congrats on your CLI

BofA is weird with the cash advance limits.. My CL is $2800, with a $1400 Cash line... 

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Rocks rocks rocks, trident, splash , kaboom goes the boamiteSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 26
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the CLI Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on the CLI! Seems like BofA has been a roll lately with the generous limits!

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fltireguy wrote:

Congrats on your CLI

BofA is weird with the cash advance limits.. My CL is $2800, with a $1400 Cash line... 

I have noticed that their Cash line doesnt seem to correlate with the limit, and everyone seems to have different cash lines. Do you think it has anything to do with BofA cash line ability/and options? Seems like you can do direct deposits and transfers from CC to checking account, and other stuff with their cash line. 

Message 6 of 26
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I believe you have access to your entire credit line in cash if you do a transfer to your bank account. If withdrawing from an​ ATM, the amount is drastically lower.

Message 7 of 26
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I just opened mine at 10K and have a 3K cash side to it.

There's 2-3 options to use the cash side:

CA - take money at an ATM 

CA - take money to your checking account

CA - check to cash

And when you look at your statement there's 4 catagories for which they'll charge interest depending on how you use the card.

6-19-2017 9-17-01 PM.jpg

Message 8 of 26
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
I believe you have access to your entire credit line in cash if you do a transfer to your bank account. If drawing from an​ ATM, the amount is drastically lower.

I recall seeing this here as well.  I know I can do it with my Disco to my checking account if I wanted to pay the fee to do it.  For some this cash option can be helpful but, those 3% fees have to have an impact if you're constantly doing this month after month.

Message 9 of 26
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:
I believe you have access to your entire credit line in cash if you do a transfer to your bank account. If drawing from an​ ATM, the amount is drastically lower.

I recall seeing this here as well.  I know I can do it with my Disco to my checking account if I wanted to pay the fee to do it.  For some this cash option can be helpful but, those 3% fees have to have an impact if you're constantly doing this month after month.

Oh for sure, not something I'd​ want to do unless it were a life or death situation. 

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.