cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask and you will be given ! (BofA CLI)

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Ask and you will be given ! (BofA CLI)

Boa rocks on bting directly to your checking, easy peasy cover girlSmiley Wink
Message 11 of 26
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My Better balance card hit 7 months today. Logged into BofA site and got the CLI button. Thanks to Myfico, learnt it was TU HP which I was OK with (my EX is frozen).

Existing limit was 6.5K and for the heck of it, asked 15K (what can go wrong, they'll counter, right?)...to my surprise I was approved for full 15K Smiley Happy

"Congratulations! Your credit line has been approved.
Your new total credit line is $15,000.00 with a cash credit line of $1,500.00 and is available for immediate use.

Use your available credit to transfer balances from other creditors online today."

Thanks BofA !

Congrats on your CLI!! Very NICE!!  I do like how easy they make it do a BT directly to a checking account. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 26
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your BoA CLI - everytime the button shows up I hit it, I've gone from $2k SL to $15k on my "Red Cash card" in 9 months and from a $15k SL on my "Blue Travel Card" to $25k in 4 months. If BoA likes you they really really like you - if they don't you'll be stuck at your SL for 1 year or 2 (been there too). 

Message 13 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, mine is back but ithough i want to push it , still carrying a 50% load, dont think id get it so im gonna continue paying it down and maybe try in DecSmiley Wink
Message 14 of 26
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

BOA doesn't care about util, Joe.  Have you seen my BOA thread?  LOL  Unless you mean 50% overall util?

Congrats, Posiedon on the CLI.  Looks like they were certainly willing to give you more if they didn't counter-offer.  If you're OK with the HP, you could likely ask for $50k in 3 months if you want even more.

Agreed that the cash limits are all over the board.  But since the "cash advances" I do are really just balance transfers deposited directly to my checking account, the limit really is my full credit line.  FWIW, here are my cash limits:

Travel Rewards Visa Signature $8,500 of $26,800 

Platinum Plus MasterCard $11,600 of $28,600

Cash Rewards Visa Signature $2250 of $7500

Alumni Association Platinum Plus Mastercard $18,000 of $60,000

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Congrats, Posiedon on the CLI.  Looks like they were certainly willing to give you more if they didn't counter-offer.  If you're OK with the HP, you could likely ask for $50k in 3 months if you want even more.

Thanks for the tip. Now that I know they access TU for CLI, it helps. 3 Inq's are falling off in July which should help my CR further.

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, mine is back but ithough i want to push it , still carrying a 50% load, dont think id get it so im gonna continue paying it down and maybe try in DecSmiley Wink

AJC, if I remember correct, you once mentioned that your score has considerably improved? are you not seeing the CLI link when you login?

Message 17 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah, my TU as if now is at 724 Fico. I think it could be better , my Ex is currently 742 per Amex, June. I think i have like 3 cards eporting a balance though 1 is becsuse they are super slow updating, my Marvel at 14 bucks.

The thing is since i basically Btd all my balances over to the Bbr, the card carries a high % which i believe is why my score is stagnant. I just made a $200 payment, so now im at $5400 on a $10,700 limit. My last cli increase was approved but i think i got only like $2200 increase. Was previously at $8500. So im not sure if im maxed with amount of credit they are willing to extend. Any time i went for a second card its been a no go. Ill have $500 this week so im torn wherher to pay again Boa to bring it under 50% or pay off my Disco to keep it reporting at 0.Smiley Wink
Message 18 of 26
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Score should be fine.  BOA seems to be just as happy with 720 as 780 provided other details are mostly the same (comparing me and my wife a few months back).  Usually the button only appears if they think you are actually eligible for a CLI.  The amount of credit they'll extend is certainly based on income among other factors.  A more than 25% CLI isn't bad no matter how you look at it, but if they are denying you for a second card and not just automatically reallocating credit lines that may be more of a question for a credit analyst.  I can't remember if your Discover is in a 0% promo, but if not I would certainly pay that to not accrue interest rather than getting the BOA down just under 50%.

Up to you if you want to risk it, but you could either ber pleasantly surprised or you could call and have a relaxing conversation with a friendly, helpful, un-Chase-like credit analyst to reconsider.

Message 19 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks KSmiley Happy good options to think about. Was thinking about same.Disco, not sure on 0% period may call to inquire about since i gotta ask them something about my address anyway. I know my first year ends in October. Roll of dice for sure but it would be interesting to see how asking a csr about credit limit increase ss opposed to just hitting the button. I ll update if i decide to do anythingSmiley Happy
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.